Corsair Community

Harpoon Bluetooth Functionality on Mac

Just picked up a wireless Harpoon RGB. It seems to be severely limited in functionality in bluetooth mode.

I don't care for the lights, so turning mouse to power save carries over the 'rgb off' setting to bluetooth. However, I cannot figure out how to ensure the side back/forward buttons function.

Currently using latest Big Sur OS and back/forward buttons only work in 2.4GHz mode with ICUE running. If I close ICUE, they stop. If I switch to bluetooth it doesn't work regardless of whether ICUE is running.

From poking around this seems to be a 'feature'. Will return the mouse if it is the case, but wanted to confirm first.

• Corsair Employees
When connected via Bluetooth the computer sees it as a standard HID device via Bluetooth and the mouse is acting how MacOS allows it. This is simply a limitation of MacOS and is not a limitation of the mouse. If you wish for Forward/Back button functionality of the mouse then you will have to utilize the mouse in the standard wireless mode with iCUE installed, and not Bluetooth. This is purely a MacOS limitation.

Understand it's not a limitation of the mouse, however, seems a limitation of iCUE software given that I can download other apps to use the mouses functionality in bluetooth as intended e.g. Steermouse.

Your iCUE macOS page shows this mouse as compatible and, apparently, "iCUE software for macOS puts your entire setup at your command, all through a single interface. Orchestrate every last detail of your compatible CORSAIR peripherals: synchronize dynamic RGB lighting effects, create custom macros, hone your mouse’s sensitivity in single DPI steps, and fine-tune your audio for whatever you’re listening to."

Seems not...