Corsair Community

Air bubbles only in one part of the loop

tomramos213

I have a complete Hydro X custom loop with pump/res, CPU/GPU waterblocks and 2x 280mm radiators on top and bottom. All in a Crystal 680. Sometimes when I start my rig, I notice small bubbles had formed in the tube going from my GPU down to my bottom radiator which then feeds up into the top of the pump/res. No other bubbles in any other part of the loop an no bubbles while the system is running. I have to manually raise the pump speed to 70% to push the bubbles down into the radiator. Where are these coming from? Leak test shows no leaks, and this is the end of my loop, GPU to radiator to pump/res. Could there by a micro leak that is not big enough to drip fluid out but let air in?20210310_202248.thumb.jpg.b3605b3c248840c4bb0eee2c53eedaa0.jpg

I have a complete Hydro X custom loop with pump/res, CPU/GPU waterblocks and 2x 280mm radiators on top and bottom. All in a Crystal 680. Sometimes when I start my rig, I notice small bubbles had formed in the tube going from my GPU down to my bottom radiator which then feeds up into the top of the pump/res. No other bubbles in any other part of the loop an no bubbles while the system is running. I have to manually raise the pump speed to 70% to push the bubbles down into the radiator. Where are these coming from? Leak test shows no leaks, and this is the end of my loop, GPU to radiator to pump/res. Could there by a micro leak that is not big enough to drip fluid out but let air in?[ATTACH]40641[/ATTACH]

When using bottom placement of a rad that can happen. You can never empty your loop completely of air, but normally the small amount of air in there will settle at the top of the radiator being the highest point of the loop. In your case, that air settles in both radiators, but the bubbles settled in your bottom rad will drift upwards once the pump is off.

Edited by MADRGB

You should run your pump at full speed to help displace those air pockets in the reservoir after filling the loop.

it can take several hours to get rid of the most stubborn ones, so don't hesitate to leave it running full blast like for a whole day.