Corsair Community

Can you speed up Macros?

I have a K100 RGB keyboard that I'm using for work. I want to program the G-key macros to type out quickly type out pre-programmed sentences, or even paragraphs.

I have figured out how to program a G-key with a macro (not using the iCue software). But when I hit that programmed G key, it types it out at the same speed (and with all the same errors, deletes, re-types, etc) as I originally typed that macro.

I'm looking for instructions on how to make that sentence appear near instantly, instead of waiting for the keyboard to type the sentence as slowly as I would have.

Is there a way to speed up the playback of these macros? Or to be able to type them into the iCue software, and have the keyboard display it instantly? I want to be able to write emails with a bunch of pre-programmed sentences that I use often.

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately with the Text macros, if the 0MS delay between characters doesn't print fast enough, there isn't anything that can be done at this time. I will definitely go ahead and send this to the iCUE team for review and awareness for this issue, however.

Unfortunately with the Text macros, if the 0MS delay between characters doesn't print fast enough, there isn't anything that can be done at this time. I will definitely go ahead and send this to the iCUE team for review and awareness for this issue, however.

I think a little change here in the Corsair software would really benefit your company for both gamers, and productivity jobs like mine.

For gaming, if you could alter a G key to do something in a sequence, but at an adjustably fast rate of speed, it could make you a better gamer. For example, if in Mortal Kombat you press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left and it makes the guy do a roundhouse kick, but Corsair allowed these buttons to go in this sequence at an adjustable (fast) speed, the user could press one button and perform a complex kick.

For productivity, I want to be able to insert a text into an email with the push of one key. For example, maybe I want my G1 key to say "Thank you for your business. Please use us again next time!". And I want the G2 key to say "Are you still there? I haven't heard from you in a while".

In my case, I want to be able to put together long emails using a series of canned messages, like sentences or even paragraphs. And I don't want to have to "record" this paragraph at real-time typing speeds with typos and backspaces and corrections, and then have to see this slow and error-prone entry of mine be repeated by Corsair in slow real time.

I want to be able to build a whole long message, save that message to that key as a text, and then select how quickly that text appears on the screen (adjustable playback time). That way, if I'm chatting with somebody in real time, it looks like I'm typing with them when I really am giving a canned response to them. But when I'm just building an email to send, I want Corsair to shove that entire canned message of mine into the email I'm building all at once.

• Corsair Employees
I think a little change here in the Corsair software would really benefit your company for both gamers, and productivity jobs like mine.

For gaming, if you could alter a G key to do something in a sequence, but at an adjustably fast rate of speed, it could make you a better gamer. For example, if in Mortal Kombat you press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left and it makes the guy do a roundhouse kick, but Corsair allowed these buttons to go in this sequence at an adjustable (fast) speed, the user could press one button and perform a complex kick.

For productivity, I want to be able to insert a text into an email with the push of one key. For example, maybe I want my G1 key to say "Thank you for your business. Please use us again next time!". And I want the G2 key to say "Are you still there? I haven't heard from you in a while".

In my case, I want to be able to put together long emails using a series of canned messages, like sentences or even paragraphs. And I don't want to have to "record" this paragraph at real-time typing speeds with typos and backspaces and corrections, and then have to see this slow and error-prone entry of mine be repeated by Corsair in slow real time.

I want to be able to build a whole long message, save that message to that key as a text, and then select how quickly that text appears on the screen (adjustable playback time). That way, if I'm chatting with somebody in real time, it looks like I'm typing with them when I really am giving a canned response to them. But when I'm just building an email to send, I want Corsair to shove that entire canned message of mine into the email I'm building all at once.

I am sorry but the iCUE software is not intended for such uses and does not have such capability.