Corsair Community

HELP-My RGB Fans are not working because of my fan splitter

So my motherboard only has three headers and I need a splitter for all 7 of my fans, when I have two rgb fans plugged into my motherboard they work but when I plug them into the splitter they don't. Is this because the splitter doesn't get enough power and I need a fan hub? Thanks, here is the splitter.

https://www.amazon.com/Fancasee-Splitter-Internal-Motherboard-Extension/dp/B07BWFT253/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=fan+splitter&qid=1615339129&sr=8-10

• Corsair Employees

Hey KalenTec

Have you tested the splitter with any other fans?

Are you connecting only the PWM fan power connectors to it?

It is a possibility that the splitter itself is faulty - especially considering you've verified that the fans are otherwise working fine.

What fans are you using? I would be careful with that type of 'fan splitter' regardless. There does not appear to be any supplemental power so it is potentially drawing current for 5 fans from a single 1.0A MB header. You also may need to manually set the MB to PWM mode in the BIOS as those types sometimes have difficulty with auto-detect PWM/DC protocols.

You are using a 3 pin DC motor fan on a "PWM spillter". It cannot pass the control signal onto the other fans. That device was intended for 4 pin PWM fans. Your MB headers use an auto-detect to determine DC or PWM and are capable of both, but not when passed through that device.