Corsair Community

Launch ICUE/lights before user login possible?

krasatoulis

Hey guys,

After reading it somewhere, i managed to get my ram to turn off when in sleep mode. (Unchecked software control, set it to off, checked it back then fixed my profiles).

When i wake my pc, Asus z390 prime instantly lights up.

Same for my Adata NVME drive (which i can't control in any way but at least its automatically set in a nice rgb cycle)

The ram on the other hand, stay off until I log into windows. As soon as i enter my password and log in, the ram lights up.

Is there some setting to enable the ram lighting before log in, or even instantly after the pc is awaken?

Kind regards,

K.

Yes, but then it will be on again in sleep mode. You can’t have it both ways. Each device/controller has a software mode (when CUE is running) and a hardware mode (when it is not - boot, BIOS, sleep, etc). The problem is while other devices are turned off in sleep mode, the RAM is holding the last known state of things and requires power. You can’t separate that basic power delivery from the RGB power delivery, so setting the hardware lighting effect to black is the only way to keep the LEDs off for sleep mode.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes, hardware lighting for the RAM is now set-up like the rest of the devices with a clear and separate mode. Those using CUE 3 need to toggle the "enable full software mode" in the CUE settings to drop the RAM in/out of hardware mode.