Corsair Community

iCUE software window won't open properly on 2nd and 3rd monitors

King Joey

I use a Surface Pro 4 with 2 additional monitors connected through a Surface Dock and the minidisplay adapters (one HDMI & one VGA). The resolution on both those monitors is 1920x1080 with 100% scaling. But when I open the iCUE software, the window will not display fully on either of those monitors. No matter how I try to resize it or maximize it, it either runs over partially to another monitor or simply does not display the whole window.

I had previously found a forum post that suggested this was a known issue that hadn't been resolved yet, but I cannot find that forum post again and do not recall how old it was. So I am starting a new one in the hopes of getting the most up to date information. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey there!

Right click the iCUE shortcut, click on "Properties", go to "Compatability" and tick the box "Disable fullscreen optimizations", "Reduced color mode" and "Run in 640x480 screen resolution". If this works, until Corsair fixes this bug, that's what you're stuck with.

This fix sometimes works for other programs too with this issue. Although it hasn't happened to me in years, maybe it'll work for you. This bug was also a Windows-related bug, that was fixed in a patch, is your Windows up to date?

Also, maybe it's too obvious, but try to restart your PC. If that doesn't work, disable auto startup for iCUE in the Task Manager, then restart your PC. Then start iCUE by yourself using the customized shortcut I wrote in the first paragraph.

Furthermore, try to disconnect the extra 2 monitors, and then see if that's the issue. If disconnecting the monitors fixes the problem, try to update your video driver (you should update it eitherway).

With regards,

Alvin.

Edited by TheMatrixAgent