Corsair Community

iCUE not working on new PC

JNP1433

So i recently just got a new pre-built PC and I've been updating all the software on it. I just updated my 3070's drivers through nvidia and the lighting node strips just randomly turned off and wouldn't turn back on. So I went to try and get into iCUE and the app would just sit and load and not open. I tried updating to a new version but it said that I couldn't remove the old version and to please contact your technical support group. I went to the registry to delete all the files but I still can't download the latest version, I even tried redownloading the old version but I can't even do that. Any help/guidance here?

Hi there!

Have you checked if the Node is plugged in correctly/if all cables are plugged in. I once had the problem where my Node or whatever had multiple cables to be plugged in. Maybe while it was being delivered, a cable rattled free out of the node. Not sure which PC you have, but the Node is probably gonna be a small plastic box in the narrow side (probably left) of the case.

Also, you mentioned that you also deleted all files from the registry. How did you uninstall iCUE? The uninstaller should do all of that. Just deleting the files will not do. If you did just delete the files, restore them if you can, and run the uninstaller, then try to reinstall again and see if it works. If you cannot restore the uninstaller, install iCUE again in the same location and then run the uninstaller.

Furthermore, maybe it's too obvious, but try to restart your PC. Maybe even reset it. You said you just build it, so maybe you don't have so many stuff installed that a reset would bother you. That would almost definitely fix the issue if it is software-wise.

Of course, first check if it's not physical.

With regards,

Alvin.

Edited by TheMatrixAgent