Corsair Community

Possible QL120 problem?

Roguey

hi there guys,

I brought some QL120's around 3 months ago and just recently noticed that one of the fans does this randomly (one led on fan 1 isnt showing green correctly - shows red when yellow/white is selected, same place everytime);

[ame=

]
[/ame]

It seemed to 'fixed' by setting an solid colour/or changing colour in hardware lighting (sometimes takes a couple of 'goes' to get it to work). Although its not 'fixing' it this time :/

[update] This morning doesnt seem to fix it now :s

Surely the green led hasnt blown already after 3 months? This makes me confused if its a software or hardware issue?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed! Hopefully its something simple!

Many thanks!

Edited by Roguey
Spelling/grammar

Not if you are going through Corsair. Start a support ticket from the link above.

You may also want to test each fan one at a time in slot 1 on the RGB controller. This seems like an obviously green LED fail, but the controller is part of the circuit too and sometimes you get unexpected lighting elements when something is wrong with it. If all the fans test OK in slot 1, then the controller could be the issue.

Not if you are going through Corsair. Start a support ticket from the link above.

You may also want to test each fan one at a time in slot 1 on the RGB controller. This seems like an obviously green LED fail, but the controller is part of the circuit too and sometimes you get unexpected lighting elements when something is wrong with it. If all the fans test OK in slot 1, then the controller could be the issue.

Thanks for the advice; that makes sense to test fans and the controller. Its one of them werid ones; sometimes the led works fine, yet another doesnt. It hasnt worked all this morning (showed red in a golden yellow I got set), but in the afternoon its working.

I dont know whats changed, just randomly doesnt work. Ill try swapping the fans about etc. and see what I can work out.