Corsair Community

Water Color

sman88

Hi all, I am new to water cooling and just installed the corsair cool. All was well until I added the additive to the water, instead of a nice neon, line cool color green I got a chalky white green. Not sure why, but I want more color, I do NOT have UV lights I have 2 blue ones, so I dont think I want uv dye, but I want my water GREEN :D: , I though about food coloring but didnt want to take any chances without asking you guys first.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hmmm I dont know from where? It is just crusin along, droped the temps on my Athlon 64 by almost 22 degreese C! I looked in the resovior and there is no bubles or froth in there, just a little empty space. I even turned off the sys. (including the computer) to see if any bubles would apear and a few really small ones did but very very few of them. I still want to add more color tho, but I dont know what to use. Also could somone with the cool post me a picture of the color of the water in ur sys. inside the hoses.

If you have access to a auto parts store nearby you can use Sierra Brand Anti-freeze. You should have about a 33% mixture in the entire system. The easiest way to drain the system is to pull the tubing from the pump, its the lowest point in the system, and let it drain into a bucket. You wont be able to get all the fliud out like this, but since you can not run the pump dry, its the easiest way. Being able to pull out the resevoir, which is a pain after you have installed it, also helps.

• 1 month later...
If there is a chalky color in the water there is a lot of turbulance somewhere in the tubing. It is usually foam when there is a white color to it.

I just setup my CWC100 and I'm seeing lots of foam in the tubing. With the fill cap off the reservoir, it churning right at the bottom of the threads so I know the system is full. Where else would there be turbulance? When I power off the PC (I like to run my system 24/7/365 when this is resolved), I see foam leading into every input/output port of rad/pump/cpu block/resv.

Archived