Corsair Community

QL 140MM Fans with H115i Platinum

Hi Everyone - hoping to get some input. I had ML140's hooked up to the H115i, but wanted to upgrade and get some better RGB since the ML's only have 4 LED's. I bought 2 QL140's and hooked up to find only one channel would light up. They both power up, but RGB only appears in one.

When I looked in lighting setup in iCue, I found that the only fan types for the H115i are HD, LL, and ML, so QL isn't an option. I'm assuming that's why I can only get one to light up.

My question is #1, can I get it to work with the cooler or am I better off purchasing either the LL or HD 140's instead and if I do that, will those work?

If you bought the dual pack of QLs with the Lighting Node Core inside, you need to use that as the lighting controller. The Platinum's internal unit was created before the existence of the QL and has a 32 LED limit. At 34 LEDs each, 2 QL won't work.

Any lighting controller will work for the 2 QL, so if you have other Corsair RGB fans the old Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro + RGB Lighting Hub also works. It does not have to be the Lighting Node Core.

Thank you. I unfortunately bought two single packs because they would arrive much sooner than the dual pack. I assumed I could just configure them through the H115i setup, but was wrong.

I've got a lighting node pro and an RGB hub attached to one of the channels, but it's got 3 LL fans on it, so adding QL's to that probably doesn't work either since they will have more LED's than the LL's, right?

You could get them to light up by putting them with the LL, but it might require some compromise.

For static or non-fan to fan patterns (including the rainbow ones), you tell CUE you have "QL x 4". That will generate 4 QL in the UI, with the radiator fans properly designated (if #1 and 2) and then the 16 LED LL will each be a top or bottom part of a QL. However, the cool stuff like gate, infinity, ping, etc. won't work right. Two of the LLs will become copies of each other (each side of a QL). The two sides of the QL are synchronized, so unlike the other fans it is really hard to pair up other types aside.