Corsair Community

Which sensor is which?

WebMaximus

I have an MSI Z390 MEG ACE motherboard. Looking in HWiNFO64, I have 4 sensors as seen below

kwWCf5a.jpg

Looking in iCUE and scrolling through the list of available sensors, I find 4 sensors all starting with the name 'Microstar International Co., Ltd. MEG Z390 ACE (MS-7B12) and then Temp #1, Temp #2, Temp #3 and Temp #4 as seen below

qUasKtE.jpg

I assume these are the same 4 sensors I see in HWiNFO64. Question is which one corresponds to which.

What I would like is to tie the speed of my case fans to the sensor called 'System' in HWiNFO64. Thinking this is the sensor telling what the temperature inside the case is.

Anyone knows how to find out?

If you go to the Dashboard and add your motherboard to the panel, you will be able to see actual temp numbers and have a better chance to match them up with the HWiNFO numbers. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. They two programs may not enumerate the sensors in the same way and CUE has been known to be shifty at times with some MB sensors changing positions. It might be better with MSI. The embedded controller on my Asus boards is harder for programs to deal with.

You’ll want to check the sensor after boot for a while to see if it stays true.

That's great advice, thanks!

Was able to figure it out and happily learned the temperatures seen in iCUE and HWiNFO64 matched perfectly.

Here's the answer to my own initial question for anyone else who might want to know.

Temp #1 in iCUE is MOS in HWiNFO64

Temp #2 in iCUE is System in HWiNFO64

Temp #3 in iCUE is CPU Socket in HWiNFO64

Temp #4 in iCUE is CPU Core in HWiNFO64