Corsair Community

5000D Airflow - help me understand fan wiring!

I am going to be building in a 5000D Airflow case this week. I will install 3 QL fans on the front (intake), a 360mm radiator on top (exhaust), and 1 QL fan on the back (exhaust). I'm really lost as to whether I have the necessary hardware to control the lighting and speeds with iCUE.

The 3 pack of QL fans comes with a Lighting Node Core. The Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix comes with a iCUE Commander Core.

I have no idea how to wire all 7 fans up so I can control the lighting and speeds. Do I need a Commander Pro in this mix? Or something else? I know the case comes with 6 slot PWM controller for power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Can I also ask - I was planning on 3 QL fans on the front as intake, 3 QL fans on the side as intake, 1 360mm Elite Capellix on top with 3 fans as exhaust, and 1 QL fan on the back as exhaust. Is this an ideal fan set up in the 5000D for cooling efficiency? That would be 6 fans intake on front and sides, 4 fans exhaust top and rear.

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Can I also ask - I was planning on 3 QL fans on the front as intake, 3 QL fans on the side as intake, 1 360mm Elite Capellix on top with 3 fans as exhaust, and 1 QL fan on the back as exhaust. Is this an ideal fan set up in the 5000D for cooling efficiency? That would be 6 fans intake on front and sides, 4 fans exhaust top and rear.

Something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/4FwtdFil.png

Edited by Zotty