Corsair Community

First System Memory Question

klitton

Hi,

I’m building my first system using the new Intel P4 Extreme Edition CPU rated at 3.73 GHz, with a 1066 FSB and the Asus P5AD2-E Premium motherboard. I have a questions about memory compatibility.

Will the TWIN2X1024-5400C4/DDR2-675 memory work to its full potential with my CPU and motherboard without having to over clock it?

Will the memory work with my motherboards 925XE chipset?

If not, what would be the fastest memory available for my system?

I have to admit, I don’t know much about memory or over clocking. I don’t have anywhere near the knowledge level that I see in this forum but hey, I’ve got to start somewhere. And I sure would appreciate the help.

Thanks very much!

• Corsair Employees
First thing, you will have to over clock the system to run these modules and that speed of 3.76 Mhz is over clocked. But TWIN2X1024-5400C4/DDR2-675 would be the part you want to get.

First thing, you will have to over clock the system to run these modules and that speed of 3.76 Mhz is over clocked. But TWIN2X1024-5400C4/DDR2-675 would be the part you want to get.

I'm not sure that I understand. Will I need to overclock the CPU or the RAM?

What is the fastest memory I can get that I don't have to over clock?

Ok. I've never over clocked anything before but I'm willing to learn. Is there link or information available where I can learn how to do this so I don't screw up my new system?

Last question:

Will the TWIN2X1024-5400C4 DDR2-667 modules work at all in my system until I can learn how to over clock it?

Thanks very much for your help.

Archived