Corsair Community

different K70 and memory colours keep defaulting to same profile

HairyTeabags

Hi guys.

Super annoying this. I want my memory and my K70 to have different colours which I can achieve with the iCue software. But as soon as I restart or start system from powered off, as soon as I get into windows the memory changes to my keyboard profile. Is there a way to keep the colour scheme separate of both devices?

So in short this:

My RGB K70 is using a Neon profile colour scheme, but I have my memory set to be a static orange colour. This is achieved in icue just fine, but as soon as I restart the pc, the memory also then applies the same neon colour profile of the keyboard.

Here is the PC for reference. UORKJiWl.jpg

Surely there is a way to keep them separate rather than having to change every time I start the PC.

Thanks.

Whenever CUE is not running (including boot/shutdown), you are in Hardware Mode. Each device runs from a smaller series of lighting choices that is saved to each device. This is set from the HW Lighting tab in CUE for each device. RAM hardware lighting is a little different and you toggle in between HW and software mode by checking the "enable full software control" option in the CUE settings for RAM. The effect you choose when unchecked is the HW lighting. When checked, it is the software profile lighting.

When CUE loads you are now in software mode. The top listed (non-program linked) profile on the list is your default. If you want different colors for the RAM and KB, set different colors in your top listed profile. All software profiles are unified. There isn't a "KB profile" and "RAM profile". If you want different variations, make more profiles.