Corsair Community

H100i Platinum v Platinum SE Firmware

Do the two products share or run different firmware? Essentially it's just a black v white product.

Reason for asking, USB port came away from the SE version, so I replaced the PCB and motor with an old standard Platinum version I had, works fine but fan speeds way lower than rated.

The standard single loop fans are rated at 400 to 2000rpm and the SE dual loop variety 0 to 2400. Fan speed won't go past 1,000 at Extreme.

Might I be able to force flash the device with the SE version of it's different?

It really should be the same since it is the same pump and features, with the white cosmetic changes. The fans on the SE go higher, but even if higher PWM % was included in that, it should only come into play when running in HW mode without CUE. From what you are describing, it seems like the fans are not cooperative in software mode. What happens if you set it PWM % within a custom curve? Will it do 80% (or whatever)? We have seen the presets act up on occasion, but if manual control is not working either than it may be a deeper problem.

I'll have a play with the fan curve and see how it reacts.

Last night I tried it with the platinum fans just to make sure and got the same results; lower fan speeds than rated, couldnt boost up to max rated speeds.

Mind you there was often a huge lag between changing speeds or RGB colours so maybe there is some interference on the USB side.

Try running a repair install of the CUE program (Windows Settings -> Apps -> click on Corsair iCUE "modify"). Obviously all logic would suggest this is somehow related to the circuit board change, but it only takes 15 seconds, does not delete data, and sometimes cleans up weird issues.

There have been several problems with fan control on the Platinum (locked up controller). There also was a substantial revision to the firmware at one point, so perhaps that is the next logical step, especially if the board was older and your previous was up to date.