Corsair Community

MM700 RGB mouse pad not detected upon PC startup.

Hello, I recently got an MM700 RGB mouse pad. Upon startup or restarting my computer, the mouse pad fails to light up or get recognized by ICUE or my computer. It is only until I unplug and replug it back in that my computer detects the device.

Here is what I have tried:

-Clean reinstalled ICUE

-switched usb ports

-removed device via control panel and had it redetect.

Could it be just my mouse pad? Thanks.

I tried different USB Ports on the motherboard, same situation. Only after Windows boot is done, then pull out and pull in USB Port on the MM700 the light will come up and the iCUE software detect the MM700.

Im getting exactly the same problem you are having. I had tried it on 3 other PCs around my house and it was the same result.

• Corsair Employees

This is 99% of the time related to a software conflict with iCUE that interfers with device detection.

Try the steps in this helpdesk article re: RGB conflicts with iCUE:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055923332-How-to-fix-unwanted-RGB-lighting-changes-in-iCUE

If no positive change, please open a ticket with support so we can help you individually, for best results.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue. Since the beginning. Also tried different usb ports. Only having usb 3.0. also tried the bios setting. Most of the time it detects on startup and shows the rainbows. In windows it changes to profile.

But most after restarts of cold boot it doesn't detect it from start. And I mean no colours. Usb mouse dongle works fine in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!

Did anyone actually find a solution for this?

I'm having the same problem like StarPiercer:

When I plug in the MM700 it works and I can control it with iCUE,

but as soon as I reboot my PC or shut it down and power it on again,

there's no lightning and no iCUE detection anymore until I re-plug it...

This is a completely new Build, just got all the parts yesterday and did a

fresh Windows 10 installation.

Windows and all drivers are up-to-date.

I already tried:

- trying ALL of my available USB Ports on the back (3.1) and front panel (3.0)

- different USB settings in the BIOS

- iCUE 4.9.350 and iCUE 3.38.61

- forcing firmware update

- different USB-C to Type-A cable

How did you guys get yours fixed? Or did you return it?

Thanks in advance!

Hey again!

Just in case someone still has the same problem and is unable to fix it:

Returning my MM700 to the vendor and getting a new one fixed it,

seems like I received a broken one at first.

Now everything is working as expected even after rebooting or power cycling!

Having the same issue. Since the beginning. Also tried different usb ports. Only having usb 3.0. also tried the bios setting. Most of the time it detects on startup and shows the rainbows. In windows it changes to profile.

But most after restarts of cold boot it doesn't detect it from start. And I mean no colours. Usb mouse dongle works fine in it.

I have the exact same problem, have you figured out the solution? thanks

Hello same issue With a brand new mm700 out of the box. No recognition of the pad by the pc or by icue...some time il work for 2 minutes and lost il. I spend 1day to try all usb ports, dismont icue, ..etc So i try evrything and You notre what ?

The brand new corsair usbc usb corde is not working !! Just put another one and every thing fine and work immédiatement.

• Corsair Employees
Hello same issue With a brand new mm700 out of the box. No recognition of the pad by the pc or by icue...some time il work for 2 minutes and lost il. I spend 1day to try all usb ports, dismont icue, ..etc So i try evrything and You notre what ?

The brand new corsair usbc usb corde is not working !! Just put another one and every thing fine and work immédiatement.

If you'd like, you can open a ticket with support and our team will gladly send you a replacement USB -- we're sorry for your troubles, but glad you found a quick solution there.

• 2 weeks later...
I am also having the same issue. I have to unplug the matt and plug it back in to get it to work. It does not matter if USB device is plugged into the USB hub or not. I know it has power because my mouse, which is plugged into the hub, works regardless if the iCUE sees it or not. It also works regardless if the lights work or not.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Am also with that problem with the MousePad mm700 when i restart the pc or power up the mousepad doesnt work at all have to unplug it and plug back in to work.

i have tried all the tips and ideas on here and still nothing, i dont think the problem is with peoples pc but the mousepad is the problem since so many have the same issue, Corsair needs to up their support to solve this

Update on MousePad MM700

Received replacement Mousepad MM700 and works perfectly without any issues,

So Corsair sort your selfs out the problem is not the Users PC's its the Mousepads

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased an MM700 and was having similar issues and was considering returning the item after reading these comments.

It seems that I've been able to resolve the issue and wanted to post and try to encourage anyone that is having similar issues: you may be able to resolve this problem before taking the item back to the store.

I basically took all the steps mentioned here and continued to have the MM700 not be detected in iCue until I re-plugged in the MM700, I could replicate the issue by shutting down my PC, and then booting Windows.

I have an ASUS TUF x570-Plus motherboard. I went to asus.com and downloaded the latest Chipset drivers as well as the latest BIOS for my motherboard, Version 4002.

I uninstalled iCue software, redownloaded and installed it and then manually ran the update for iCue through the Settings menu. 
 I also uninstalled the Corsair Virtual Input Device under the Human Interface Devices area of Device Manager, and I disabled the AURA Led Controller for ASUS which I found under Universal Serial Bus devices. 

I checked Windows Device Manager and saw a flagged device: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), this was under the Universal Serial Bus controllers area. After reconnecting the MM700's USB to my PC, it would change to USB Composite Device, like the other Corsair peripherals that I own. Only the MM700 device is having problems.  I went ahead and just removed all of the USB Composite Devices because I was desperate, reinserted the mouse to restart PC. (May not be recommended)

I updated my BIOS for my MOBO during the restart to version 4002.

Reinserted all of my USB devices after Windows loaded, I may or may not have restarted again, not sure 🙂

After all of this, the MM700 started working correctly! I can now shut down my PC and turn it back on, and the MM700 RGB immediately starts up and is also detected in iCue when Windows loads. I have tried various things to replicate the problem, like shutting down PC, disconnecting the MM700 and plugging it into a different USB port, but thus far I have been pleased that the problem is resolved, because this is a premium product that I would hate to have to return/replace.

Note that during all of this I used a few different Corsair USB cables, in multiple USB 3 ports on my motherboard to troubleshoot.

I hope that this helps someone resolve this problem. 

USB Errors.png

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, StarPiercer said:

Hello, I recently got an MM700 RGB mouse pad. Upon startup or restarting my computer, the mouse pad fails to light up or get recognized by ICUE or my computer. It is only until I unplug and replug it back in that my computer detects the device.

Here is what I have tried:

-Clean reinstalled ICUE

-switched usb ports

-removed device via control panel and had it redetect.

Could it be just my mouse pad? Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue and cant find fix for it .

Note: the USP  por on the MM700  is active but no rgb light until I unplug and plug in the usb cable.

Any idea how to solve it?

• 2 weeks later...

My MM700 mat has also been disconnecting from iCue upon PC startup or reboot.  I was about to package it up to return to Best Buy, but I saw a suggestion to try a new cable...and it worked!  I tried both a new USB-C to USB-A and USB-C to USB-C cable, and both allow my MM700 to retain its lighting upon PC power cycling.  Corsair needs to figure out why their cables are problematic, as it would undoubtedly alleviate some of the RMAs and frustrated customers.  

Once functioning properly, it is a fantastically striking mat. 

Disregard.  After subsequent restarts, the MM700 RGB no longer activates unless I unplug and replug the cable.  I will be returning it for a Razer Goliathus.  😞

• 1 month later...

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 22538) (22538.rs_prerelease.220114-1500)   

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
 System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
 System Model: X570 AORUS ELITE
 BIOS: F36d (type: UEFI)
 Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor              (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: 32768MB RAM
 Available OS Memory: 32692MB RAM
 Page File: 9665MB used, 27890MB available
 Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
 DirectX Version: DirectX 12
 GPU: AORUS NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER
 I GOT SAME PROBLEM BEFORE AND TRY ANY THING THIS FORUM INFORMATION,BUT NO USE....
 BUT I SEE MY GPU GOT A TYPE C PORT AND I TRY TO CONNECT IT BY MM700 MOUSE PAD IT WORK 
 HOPE SO CAN HELP SOMEONE

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with a new mm700. I already tried replacing the provided USB-C cable. Also tried different ports, including connecting it to a USB hub. 

The device is not recognized when starting Windows. (The included USB hub works tho)

As soon as I replug the device it works immediately. 

I already disabled USB selective suspend.

Any ideas ? Or do I need to RMA ?