Corsair Community

iCUE Commander CORE detecting wrong fans

curtisghall

I have a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix, it came with the CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE, the fans are the ML120 series which have 8 leds, i bought 3 more ML120 series fans but they have 4 leds, the autodetect feature is trying to say it has 8 leds like the rest, but if i manually select ML120 in the lighting setup it will try to say all 6 fans have 4 leds, how do i properly set up the lighting??

It's one or the other (8 vs 4). The software cannot do multiple fan types and the ML-Elite and ML-RGB are different. You are probably better off leaving it on auto so it sets them all at 8. Then the Elite are properly lit and the extra 4 on the ML-RGB are mostly ignored.

It's obviously more complicated than that, since we have LED counts of 4, 8, 12, 16, and 34 with a possible number of 1-6 fans. You can run the mathematical combinations yourself, but programming each and every possible is quite a task.

What would help a lot more is if those 8 LED SP-Elite and ML-Elite fans were made available at retail.