Corsair Community

RMA Request - VS512SDS333

Hello,

I have this 512 module and have used it in my Toshiba Satellite A60 laptop for pass 6 months w/o problems.

Just recently, after watching a DVD, the laptop goes into a continous loop of rebooting and going thru the safe mode screen. Whatever options I choose, it would boot the XP splash screen, flash very briefly a Stop Error blue screen and the reboots.

I have ran memtest86 against both the builtin memory on the laptop and with the Corsair 512 module installed. I get no errors with just the laptop memory, but I get errors when I run memtest86 with the Corsair module installed.

Ran the memtest86 for a few hours and would get same error in same location - around 448mb area.

Please give me RMA number to exchange this module.

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest using our Value Select modules if you cannot remove the memory that came with your system. System Select would be a better choice. Sorry! But if you want to try replacing the module please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please note that we can only replace with the same part# as you send in, so you might talk to your reseller.

Archived