Corsair Community

iCue constantly "not responding" within interface...

Chuck_IV

I do not know what is going on these days with iCue but I am having fits with it. I had just the Void wireless headphones and for the longest time, iCue was great and fast. After one of the recent updates, iCue began to take quite a while to bring to forefront but I ignored it since I really didn't do many changes to the headphone.

Well, I just added a K95 Platinum XT and this slowness non-responsiveness is driving me crazy to the point I'm about to return this keyboard. It's like pulling teeth to do anything without multiple bouts of unresponsiveness in iCue

It takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds for the interface to show, then at various point while traversing the interface, it will become 100% unresponsive for a random amount of time(task mgr shows "not responding") for maybe 10 seconds to upwards of 30 seconds. When it finally comes back, I can do something for a little while, then it will randomly become unresponsive again.

At this point, I find it faster to use the task manager and End Task and restart it, instead of sitting on my hand waiting for it to respond.

What happened to iCue? This is intolerable.

System specs...

i9 10900kf

MSI Nvidia RTX 2080 Super

32gb g,skill ram

MSI 490 MB

So as a followup, I did a complete reinstall and after installing, I still get a massive delay in just bringing iCue to the forefront(takes around 30 seconds).

I am attaching the initial log file from this Bring to Forefront attempt. I am seeing a LOT of various error messages, which IMO looks like is what may be causing the delay, since it attempts to do things over and over.

I someone can take a look and maybe share some insight, it would be much appreciated as I'm about to throw in the towel on this, at this point.

2021-02-22T09-05-58.log

Unfortunately, I did all that, going as far as to uninstall most software.

It's frustrating because about 3 weeks ago I had tried out a K70 mk.2 and don't remember having this issue at all. I then returned the K70 and shortly after started having this issue because I have had Void wireless headphone for years. So I "think" it was just after trying the K70 that this began.

Now adding the K95 doesn't seemed to have changed the issue. I ahve gone through with regedit looking for every mention of Corsair/iCue and removed what I could, but nothing changes.

So the unresponsiveness doesn't occur in certain pieces of the interface. Here is a summary I put together last night...

Opening iCue, whether it be dbl-click or selecting Bring to foreground, is ridiculously slow. Probably 30 seconds to a minute at times.

Once it opens, the things I CAN do without any unresponsiveness are…

1, I can click on any tab EXCEPT Settings and the interface will be responsive and snappy. This ONLY goes for clicking the tabs themselves.

2. I CAN use the elements in the Instant Lighting AND fully loaded Dashboard tabs without issue. No slowdowns whatsoever. Same goes for the Community tab.

3, I WILL randomly get the unresponsiveness when I simply CLICK on the Settings tab. Once in a while it is responsive, but mostly I get at LEAST 15 seconds of unresponsiveness before it loads. Once the tab is open, I will still get bouts of unresponsiveness when using some of the elements within the tab.

4. In the Profiles section, clicking on the Default profile to open the full list(even after a fresh install, with no profiles loaded yet) will USUALLY(but not always) result in at least 15 seconds OR MORE of unresponsiveness before it finally opens the list. Then once I select a profile within the list, I will be fine WITHOUT ISSUE. I can click the Actions, create lighting effects in the Lighting tab and maneuver through the Hardware tabs and such with NO slowdowns. Its ONLY when I try to select another profile or try to do say an Export/Import operation when have random bouts of unresponsiveness. The unresponsiveness is usually about 15 second at a time.

5. During the unresponsiveness, Windows 10 will always report the iCue is “Not Responding”

It seems like whatever the Bring to forground/Profile selection/Settings tabs do/interact with, when selected is where the issue is. Seems when it has to save something or look up what is saved out there is wher it slows down.

I have completely disabled ALL 3rd party services via MSConfig AND anything in the Startup section and also COMPLETELY removed Bitdefender and Malwarebytes from the PC. But afterwards, after a normal reboot, iCue is still just as unresponsive.

The ONLY time iCue works correctly and is responsive is when booting into Safe mode.

I'm wondering if it has to do with interaction with an NVME M2 drive. I say this because I initially had my boot drive on a SATA SSD and don't remember having issues. I upgraded to an NVME drive about a month ago and at some point after that is when I started having issues with iCue.

And for reference, running SFC reports no issues with the system/drive,

I have pinpointed the issue but can't seem to fix it.

If I disconnect from the internet(aka. disable my network connection in Windows), iCue zips right along without issue. As soon as I reconnect the internet, the unresponsiveness comes back.

So I have tried two things, disabling Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and Windows Firewall and that didn't change anything. I also completely uninstalled both Malwarbytes and Bitdefender and that still didn't change anything.

The next thing I am going to try(when the WFH day ends) is connect my PC directly to my cable modem, to circumvent my router, to see if something in the router may be the issue.

But the issue is that those functions within the interface must reachout to the internet and something is either preventing connection or delaying connection, but that is why it gets unresponsive.

• Corsair Employees
I have pinpointed the issue but can't seem to fix it.

If I disconnect from the internet(aka. disable my network connection in Windows), iCue zips right along without issue. As soon as I reconnect the internet, the unresponsiveness comes back.

So I have tried two things, disabling Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and Windows Firewall and that didn't change anything. I also completely uninstalled both Malwarbytes and Bitdefender and that still didn't change anything.

The next thing I am going to try(when the WFH day ends) is connect my PC directly to my cable modem, to circumvent my router, to see if something in the router may be the issue.

But the issue is that those functions within the interface must reachout to the internet and something is either preventing connection or delaying connection, but that is why it gets unresponsive.

Could be a configuration issue with your router or simply you may just need to perform a simple power cycle on the router by unplugging it for a couple minutes then plugging it back in.