Corsair Community

iCue/Mouse Causes Black Screen/Slow Loading Games

dcx4610

Here's a new issue for me. I think it's iCue related but perhaps it's the mouse.

Recently, I've been experiencing a random issue where if I launch any game or something like MAME, I get a black screen but I can still see my cursor. After about 1 minute, the game loads and there are no problems after.

On a fresh boot, there are no issues. This seems to start happening after the system has been idle or has been up awhile.

On a whim, I decided to disconnect and reconnect my Corsair Sabre mouse. After, games started launching instantly again with no black screen or delay. A few days later, it started happening again. I decided to try reconnect the mouse again and sure enough, everything worked perfectly again. I have no issues with my mouse otherwise other than I have noticed that iCue will randomly not detect it on a fresh reboot but this is rare.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled iCue and moved my mouse to a USB 2.0 slot instead of a 3.0. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it and it just happened again.

Has anyone had this happen and is there any fix? I'm guessing it's yet another iCue bug. I love Corsair hardware but I have never had so much trouble out of somewhere in all of my years of PC use. Just non-stop random problems with every version. It's so frustrating.

Another update - I got the black screen again and immediately unplugged my mouse. Sure enough, the game loaded immediately.

It's extremely bizarre to me that a mouse would have anything to do with games loading, black screens or anything of the such.

I noticed that "Enable SDK" was in enabled in iCue along with plug-ins. Since that allows certain apps to communicate and control USB devices, I've unticked those and we'll see what happens. Hopefully it's that. If not, I'm out of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

No luck with the SDK/plug-in disables.

I'm still getting a black screen randomly when I launch games. The games still load but it takes 1-2 minutes for it to load.

I'm baffled at why unplugging the mouse fixes the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled all mice and keyboard drivers, turned off all Power Management settings, did a clean install of iCue and my GPU drivers and it's still happening.

The only thing I can think of is some super bizarre mouse hardware issue or a bug within iCue. I haven't tried an older version of iCue yet so I guess that's the next step. It only started recently.