Hi ramguy ! :):

My config is:

MSI K8N Neo2 platinum (socket 939)

AMD Athlon64 3200+

Tagan 420W

Corsair Value Select 2*512Mb PC3200

cpu-z says that my CPU runs at 10*200 Mhz = 2000Mhz

The Spd Timings table of cpu-z says also:

frequency : 200 mhz and 2.5 / 3 / 3 / 8.

If i understand well, I should be able to run my ram in dual mode with the frequency 200 Mhz..

Unfortunately, the computer crashes in 200 Mhz, and I tried with a lot of different parameters (I changed 1T-2T timing, Cas, Ras etc...)

So my questions are :

-Is it really possible to run this ram in dual channel with the 200Mhz frequency ? (by changing the voltage, etc..)

-Is it better to run my ram in single channel 200 Mhz or dual channel 166 Mhz?

-What should I do ? :confused:

Sorry for my poor english (I'm french), and thanks by advance for your advices !

having a similar problem with this same board, MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum, with an Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester core 90nm socket939 CPU, and Corsair TwinX 1024 3200XLPT ram. This is the 5-2-2-2 stuff, which I believe is officially supposed to use 2.75 volts. The ram itself is apparently fine, it was previously running in an nforce2 board without issue in dual channel mode. Now in the nforce3/athlon64 board it is behaving rather oddly. It runs just fine with both DIMMs installed and in single channel mode, memtest86 passes with no errors, and WinXP runs just fine. But in dual channel mode it spits out tons of errors in memtest86 and WinXP is very unstable. Also testing each DIMM individually in memtest86 results in no errors, just as both DIMMS in single channel mode results in no errors. It is only in dual channel mode that everything goes haywire. Any ideas?

Archived