Corsair Community

SFX Series Coil Whine - Is this normal or just bad luck?

locoroco

Hi all,

I bought an SF600 at the end of last December to start a new build. Unfortunately I hard to return it the next day due to coil whine ([ame]

[/ame]). As you can see/hear, the coil whine occurs when the PSU is only plugged into the outlet - no other components connected. Same behaviour when components are wired in.

Finally come to this week, I've managed to get ahold of an SF750 and it's exhibiting the same bevaviour! As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating :[pouts: Anyway, I've installed it to see if I can get use to it but it's really hard. My girlfriend who sits about 4m away does notice the intermittent silence and high-pitched noise.

I will be going back to the retailer to return this one as well and I'm hesitant to try for a third time. Is this PSU behaviour "normal" or am I really just unlucky and got a lemon twice?

I have also test at different outlets throughout the house as well as different IEC cables.

Added 2 new videos of the SF750

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

SF750_details.jpg.c5a2d385449c33d83af558199e8f5a58.jpg

Edited by locoroco

Update

I returned the PSU and the local retailer was very accommodating and provided a refund (again). Bought another SF750 and still the same issue :mad: I'm just gonna stick with it (or sell on the second-hand market for a loss) as I'm kind of fed up going back-and-forth and I don't want to push the good will of my local retailer.

I'm extremely disappointed with the quality control, 3 duds in 3. Definitely has lost a customer with regards to their PSUs.

SF750_details_second.thumb.jpg.83a4989f2aaf86b1f66c5aee32d51e4f.jpg