Corsair Community

H100i Pro XT with led glitches and/or not correctly applying the fan's custom curves

LeandroHunter

Hello everyone. I have a Commander Pro with 3 SP 120mm fans, two Vengeance Pro RGB memory modules and the Corsair H100i Pro XT.

H100i Pro XT connected to the USB of the Commander Pro (previously it was connected directly to the Asus Strix B550-F).

It turns out that, at least since the last update on the iCue, from time to time the colors of the H100i PRO XT are not displayed correctly, showing flaws especially when in flashing RGB. I also noticed that my custom fan curve based on the Ryzen 5600X package is not always respectful.

However, when I notice these problems, I open iCue and restart the service by myself (iCue -> Config -> Restart) and everything goes back to working as it should. Bug?

There are some general USB connectivity issues with AMD X570 and B550 motherboards. There are several prominent threads in this section that might have more information. Many users find relief by using a powered USB hub to act a go-between. You may wish to see if you are having connection issues. You can also do a quick repair install of CUE from the Windows Settings -> Apps panel. Click on Modify and follow the prompts for a repair install.

You probably do not want to be using package temp as a fan control variable for the radiator fans. It's not how the cooling process works and it is likely to going to be erratic by it's nature. The CPU can change temperature multiple times per second and go up or down by large amounts. The program is not polling at that rate nor do you want or need your fans to respond. H100i XT Temp or coolant temperature is the proper control variable. The cold plate and block transfer heat away from your CPU. That is how it is cooled. The radiator and fans are trash heat removal. They blow it somewhere else. If the coolant temp does not go up, then the fans cannot make the CPU any cooler. This is a 1=1 formula with a +1C increase in cooling temp causing a +1C increase in CPU temp.

3.37 was the first CPUID SDK with support for AMD 5000. I am not sure if there is a connection or just the inherent difficulty of trying to control fan from it. However, it would make sense to figure out if the service is getting interrupted from USB connectivity or something else. Go to CUE settings and turn on the debug logging option. That may be needed by Support later.