Corsair Community

can no longer save onboard profiles

I just got a new piece of hardware (Scimitar RGB Elite) and updated iCUE to v3.37.140. Now I when I try to save an onboard profile to either my K70 RGB MK.2 or the Scimitar, the Save button has no effect on a new profile: I click it and nothing happens. When I try to overwrite a profile on my K70, clicking Overwrite>OK has the same effect: I can click it but nothing happens.

I'm relatively new to Corsair stuff. Does this call for an iCUE reinstall or something? If so, will all my lighting effects etc. be saved or will I have to redo them?

• Corsair Employees

Hi srix,

Check out the "Repair iCUE" steps found in the article below:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

If this doesn't help, please open a ticket with support using the link at the top of this page for more thorough troubleshooting assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I have (sort of) the same issue, after I upgraded my mainboard and CPU I reinstalled Windows and installed iCUE 3.37.140.

But now I can't store any light profiles in my K70RG keyboard.

You need to click on the HARDWARE LIGHTING tab on the left of the iCUE software with the keyboard selected, set the hardware lighting you wish to have the keyboard use when ICUE is not running, then save to onboard profiles. If all you are doing is setting up the LIGHTING EFFECTS tab it will not save to the onboard profiles as that is the software lighting only.

I just received my K70 RGB and setup iCUE for the first time. Having never seen or used iCUE before I can say that even after watching the video provided by Corsair, it skipped a few steps needed to save a profile to the keyboard. Here are the steps I used to create 3 static lighting effects and saved them to the keyboard. I hope this helps others in the future. When you open iCUE click on your keyboard at the top. Then go to "Lighting Effects" and change color or effect to what you want. Then go to "Hardware Lighting" and verify color or effect is correct and change if needed. Then go to "Onboard Profiles" and choose one of the profiles listed. Click on it and if is already in use you can choose to Delete or Overwrite the saved profile and replace with yours. This has worked for me and hope it works for others. The software is incredible as to what it can do, but it is NOT intuitive to use or how to figure out how to use. The keyboard by the way is fantastic in its build and quality. Well done Corsair.

You need to click on the HARDWARE LIGHTING tab on the left of the iCUE software with the keyboard selected, set the hardware lighting you wish to have the keyboard use when ICUE is not running, then save to onboard profiles. If all you are doing is setting up the LIGHTING EFFECTS tab it will not save to the onboard profiles as that is the software lighting only.

Thank you so much!