Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Crsh Issues on GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2

I recently got new RAM for my Intel system and Now, I'm making a new Ryzen with my old RAM listed in Title (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 ).

The new system is using the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2 and a Ryzen 3800XT, with the Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (32 GB) RAM.

The system is somewhat unstable. If I run Memtestx86 from USB, it seems fine.

If I run it from windows 10 with memtest from HCI Designs, it runs fine.

If I launch my game it locks up everything in no time. Mafia 3 or beam.ng drive.

I also have a Sapphire Pulse 5600XT and a Rosewill Photon 650 watt 80+ Gold PSU.

I verified the RAM was Optimized for Ryzen

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

but the RAM isn't on the Gigabyte MB QVL

I found a Corsair memory list and it states it isn't AMD Optimized.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

Is there any hope for me getting these to work? I already tried setting RAM volts to 1.36v and 1.37v.

While looking for info while writing this post, I found a DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I will check it out in more detail, but I already see a small issue with MB selection. It doesn't like B550 MB. So, is it too new? Do I choose B450 as it is the same series, or do I use the newer X570 MB?

Hopefully I can get this thing up and running. It has been a pain since last weekend.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MarkJohnson

• Corsair Employees
I recently got new RAM for my Intel system and Now, I'm making a new Ryzen with my old RAM listed in Title (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 ).

The new system is using the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2 and a Ryzen 3800XT, with the Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (32 GB) RAM.

The system is somewhat unstable. If I run Memtestx86 from USB, it seems fine.

If I run it from windows 10 with memtest from HCI Designs, it runs fine.

If I launch my game it locks up everything in no time. Mafia 3 or beam.ng drive.

I also have a Sapphire Pulse 5600XT and a Rosewill Photon 650 watt 80+ Gold PSU.

I verified the RAM was Optimized for Ryzen

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

but the RAM isn't on the Gigabyte MB QVL

I found a Corsair memory list and it states it isn't AMD Optimized.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

Is there any hope for me getting these to work? I already tried setting RAM volts to 1.36v and 1.37v.

While looking for info while writing this post, I found a DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I will check it out in more detail, but I already see a small issue with MB selection. It doesn't like B550 MB. So, is it too new? Do I choose B450 as it is the same series, or do I use the newer X570 MB?

Hopefully I can get this thing up and running. It has been a pain since last weekend.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That honestly is not presenting as a DRAM issue, especially if it passes Memtest86, and the memtest within Windows. The main thing first would be to make sure you are indeed running the latest BIOS, F13a, for your motherboard though. That BIOS includes the AGESA 1.2.0.0 which improves memory stability among other things.

Yes, I have BIOS F13A. I didn't think it was RAM either. But I thought games might have a different load and cause a crash on the RAM somehow, but it just crashes too often.

I have all new drivers on a fresh install. Could it be power issues?

I also used a friends old Asrock B450M Pro4 motherboard in my system, with same issues. Memtest passes, but games crash.

Edited by MarkJohnson

OK, I stripped it down to MB, PSU, GPU on table and all is fine. No crashes.

I put it in the case and only connect the power button and power cables. It is crash free.

I then connect my RGB lighting, and crashola!

The NZXT Cam app is getting reports of issues from google searches, also, iCue from Corsair, Asus RGB software from keyboard (Flare), as well as, Cooler master for Ryzen stock rgb cooler. Plus RGB strips for MY conteol. Maybe I need to pick one RGB system and stick to it lol.

It's too late to do any more testing. But it seems cleared up and working fine. Just Stupid RGB issues. lol

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

Edited by MarkJohnson