Corsair Community

iCue crashing on importing profiles. Updated to latest, still crashing.

I was importing some iCue profiles with no issues tonight, then suddenly I tried to import a duplicate of a previously imported profile and iCue crashed. After that I was unable to import any profiles without the program crashing. So I updated to the latest version of iCue and made sure all of the firmware was updated for every device linked with iCue.

Tried importing again and it still crashes. What happened? This is a newer install of Windows 10 with all updates current, nothing else Microsoft will allow me to download to update my machine.

Again it was working fine until I tried to import the same profile twice and then everything stopped working.

Do you know what version of CUE the saved profile was created on? Occasionally there are substantial changes to the way profile data is structured and older profiles become unreadable. I didn't think we have had one of those in a quite a while, but you might get into difficulties trying to import 3.03 profiles into 3.37.

However, I am going to assume that is not the case. It should not crash, even if it is a duplicate. Just do the Profile 1 (1) thing. Is it just that one profile or do all imports now crash? You might turn on the debug logging feature in the CUE settings to try and capture the logs for the CUE team.

• Corsair Employees
I was importing some iCue profiles with no issues tonight, then suddenly I tried to import a duplicate of a previously imported profile and iCue crashed. After that I was unable to import any profiles without the program crashing. So I updated to the latest version of iCue and made sure all of the firmware was updated for every device linked with iCue.

Tried importing again and it still crashes. What happened? This is a newer install of Windows 10 with all updates current, nothing else Microsoft will allow me to download to update my machine.

Again it was working fine until I tried to import the same profile twice and then everything stopped working.

PM me the profiles you are attempting to import and also the exact version of iCUE that you have installed.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ever get this fixed? I am having the same issue. At first I thought it was a version conflict but I just realized I had some of the profiles working before I reinstalled windows, and now they won't import. The versions are all the exact same I had on my previous windows installation.

• 4 months later...

Posting as I can also replicate this issue. I'm using an updated profile from the iCUE profiles on the official Corsair website. I also found it odd as I had downloaded the cyberpunk profile and it worked fine, then added the Battlefield template and it crashed. This then made it crash every time I tried to start iCUE.

I ended up re-installing iCUE and was able to import both the Cyberpunk and the previously failed Battlefield profile. So I thought it was fixed, then I tried adding the Apex Legends profile and it immediately crashed. Re-loaded the app again and tried to add the previously added Battlefield profile and it crashed despite previously working.

A bit lost on how to fix this! Has anyone found any concrete resolution to this?