Corsair Community

Any way to randomize start time of RGB signals?

GoruchyBuilder

I have built a new machine that has several lighting and fan nodes and I've been trying to make some lighting profiles with randomized flashing of lights. This isn't a problem when you build a new profile but when you load a saved profile it always starts the RGB lights cycling at the exact same time. So for example when I create a profile and go through the nodes one by one and set them to particular pattern like Pulse or Color Flash, they will all be flashing at different times, especially if i vary the speed between them. Problem is when I save that profile and load it up fresh then all of the lights start at the same time which leads to having most of the lights locked in and cycling at the same time, because there are only 3 speed options and I have 12 fans plus 6 more RGB elements (CPU, GPU, Reservoir, RAM, PSU, and 3 RGB strips behind the motherboard).

Is there any way to set a pre-delay on each channel (or each device) or can Corsair add this feature? I know typically people like to sync their lights together but in my case I'm trying to create more of a fire effect or an aurora effect, or just randomly pulsing lights (but not rain).

Edited by GoruchyBuilder

There really isn't a randomness feature to a series off binary LEDs. Everything is programmed and even randomness has to be programmed.

However, I know the effect you are looking for and I used this with a few different profiles to create the illusion of randomness. For presets, you can mix the speeds up a little between low/med/high. For custom waves/ripples you can use different overall lighting times (wave 1=6 sec, wave 2=7 sec, wave 3=11 sec) to create overlapping patterns at different times. For the identical effects, each applied to 1 fan only (like color pulse or similar), the only way to put them off cycle is to momentarily hide/disable the effect to throw it off cadence. That will only last until you change profiles or quit. It's not a permanent state and a good deal of effort has been put in to make all the clocks sync up.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll just have to spend a lot more time programming some profiles to get the effect I want. Like you said, it's all about throwing off cadence. I wasn't aware that waves and ripples allowed for varying lengths in seconds, that should help.

It would be great if Corsair put more than 3 options in the speed ramp like a 1-10 slider instead of a 1-3 slider. Slow/medium/fast just isn't enough. I know iCue is still the best out there for this kind of thing, and that's why I spent so much time effort and money working around using RGB Fusion that my motherboard supports, just to use iCue... but it would still be nice to have more speed options than just 3.

Hey Corsair, if anyone is reading ask the team if they can put in more speed options please! :-)

Yeah, I’d be all for a few more preset speed options. I doubt we’ll get 10, but 5 would be a good start. Some effects are a bit slow even on fast and some are too fast even slow. The other big issue is the speeds are in LEDs per second. So a 4 LED/sec speed may look nice and moderate for 6 ML 4-LED fans, but it would take 4 times as long to go through 6 QL/LL. More speed options would help balance the large diversity in LED count that now exists. Edited by c-attack