Corsair Community

iCue stuttering / ccpro overheating

tommy2911

Hello,

I would like to have some feedback about several stuttering I'm expericing with icue since I build my pc (now almost 2 years)

I have a Corsair Obsidian 500D SE RGB, AIO H115i and 4 led strips all connected to the ccpro.

Depending with the version of icue I'm experincing different levels of stuttering; from almost none to massive (https://vimeo.com/user90831861/review/510629436/bce169b0b0)

I noticed that the issue seems more present when it's hot in the room or while gaming.

My concern is that the issue may be due to some icue bugs but also to the position of the ccpro in the case. I placed it in back, where there's the ssd bays (https://i.postimg.cc/4NNgZVj7/2019-07-14-11-09-IMG-2741.jpg)

but the zone tend to get a quite warm after a bit with the heat of the cpu and gpu plus the absent air flow.

You think it's possibile that all the issue are caused by the ccpro overheat or might be software related?

In the first case it might be helpfull to place the ccpro below the HDD?

Thanks for the help

Edited by tommy2911

I do not think it is Commander Pro or RGB Lighting Hub heat related. Most everyone has their controllers mounted in the same way. The fan controller on the Commander can have a hot spot, but I don't think we have ever seen a heat related failure. It seems more likely whatever the issue is with the lighting is exacerbated when the CPU is under load, like gaming. While I don't think your 9700K is starved for resources, it might have an effect on something like the USB/chipset bandwidth and prioritizing other tasks besides the CUE program.

Your video didn't link right, but if it's stuttering... it's stuttering and that is a problem. I am unsure of the underlying cause at this point, but I would not do anything drastic with your hardware placement in the back and I do not think that is a factor.

Certainly extreme CPU load or temperatures could cause this, but I suspect you would notice that as well. Extremely elevated H115i temp (45C+) could lead to CPU temp spikes near the throttle limit and cause this without being overly obvious (sustained CPU temps at 90C+, etc.).

Here's the right video link (https://vimeo.com/510629436). In this case the bug is massive, more often it's just like a short stuttering, like as the color cycle is resetting.

The thing seems to happen also after I close the game and I leave the pc idling.

Not always but after I bit it eventually come back to normality.

Temps are ok, gpu never goes over 65°C, cpu 55/60°C, coolant depending on seasons ranges between 35 and 39 °C while gaming. Overall T inside the pc is generally around 35°C.

Cpu doens't seem to be under haevy stress; maybe it can be the OC but all stress test were successfull and also I don't have crashes while gaming. (CPU at 5Ghz, plus RAM OC to 3400 Mhz and GPU OC whith afterburner).

Installed I have the rgb program for gskill ram, always in background. While dragon center doen't open at startup since the gpu keep the color cycle even if closed. While I uninstalled all aorus software

• Corsair Employees
If you have RGB Fusion installed for your motherboard try removing it and see if the issues persist. We have seen the latest builds of RGB Fusion being really agressive in its attempts to connect to and control iCUE enabled products to the extent it actually prevents firmware updates from being completed. Also does the issue persist if you plug the AIO directly into the second internal USB 2.0 port on your motherboard instead of the USB passthrough on the Commander Pro?

I uninstalled RGB fusion ages ago after I've been able to somehow save the color cycle inside the bios profiles. It has some conflicts with gskill lightning software.

Never tried to plug the AIO in usb port of the mobo and right now it would be quite hard to do. But it would change something? The color settings of case fans pass through the Lighting Node and then goes into the ccpro in the LED port.

In the second port I have the led stripes. While the AIO fans are plugged in the usb port of the ccpro along with the pump.