Corsair Community

scimitar mouse keeps getting red triangle in iCue

Parmenedes

My Scimitar RGB Elite keeps getting the dreaded red triangle in iCue, and I'm not sure why. This is actually the third one of these mice that's doing it (the first two had to be RMA'd, partly because of this, but they both had other issues as well), so I'm reasonably sure it's not an issue with the mouse itself.

If I restart iCue or unplug/replug the mouse, the triangle goes away, but it inevitably comes back, sometimes in a few minutes, other times in a few hours. Of course this results in it being uncontrollable through iCue. It does not lose connection with the pc itself - just with iCue.

I've had this issue with other devices in the past (I have a bunch of Corsair stuff connected to my pc and controlled by iCue), but I I've gotten the rest of them cleared up over the years/months (with the exception of the new mm700 mouse pad, which I think might be defective).

I'm running the latest version of iCue (3.37.140), the latest firmware on the mouse (which I've also tried forcing an update to anyway as part of the troubleshooting process), and turning off SDK. I've also tried repairing iCue as well as uininstalling/reinstalling it several times, both with deleting user settings and keeping them. I've also tried deleting the device from the device manager and letting the drivers reinstall, and I imagine there are other steps I've taken that I'm forgetting about. This has happened across two computers with 100% different hardware (including different motherboards, cpu's and RAM) and across multiple windows fresh reinstalls on both pc's.

Tech support was not able to resolve this issue on the previous mice, so I'm hesitant to open another ticket, but might end up doing so anyway. I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows what causes this and might have a solution.

• Corsair Employees

Follow all the instructions in the link below and make sure you are plugging the mouse directly into a USB port on the physical motherboard in order to reduce potential points of failure for testing. Also make sure you are running the latest BIOS and chipset drivers for your motherboard.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Follow all the instructions in the link below and make sure you are plugging the mouse directly into a USB port on the physical motherboard in order to reduce potential points of failure for testing. Also make sure you are running the latest BIOS and chipset drivers for your motherboard.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Thanks for the suggestion. I've done everything up through step seven previously but will try the entire process listed there later today including the later steps. I am definitely running the latest bios and chipset drivers, incidentally.

Performed all these steps today. Thanks for linking the article with that info! I had done everything listed there before except for the registry edit stuff, so hopefully that was the missing piece. Crossing my fingers that both the mouse and mm700 will work properly now.

• Corsair Employees
Performed all these steps today. Thanks for linking the article with that info! I had done everything listed there before except for the registry edit stuff, so hopefully that was the missing piece. Crossing my fingers that both the mouse and mm700 will work properly now.

Hopefully it resolves it for you.

Well everything seemed ok for awhile, but now things are messing up again. It's definitely working better than it was, but I got the red triangle again today on the mouse. At first I thought there is a possibility that one of my usb ports isn't working properly (which is possible). I've tested this before, but it never seemed like that was the case, probably because even if it were the case, there were enough problems in the background with icue that it was impossible to isolate that as a cause.

Now though, the lighting on the keyboard is once again freezing up (in addition to the mouse issue). There is no red triangle next to it, and I can control it in icue. In icue, the visual representation of the keyboard even shows things lighting up the way they're supposed to, with waves and type lighting all working properly. In the past, when the lighting would freeze on the keyboard, I think it would have a red triangle next to it and would become inaccessible from within icue. It's possible the keyboard is just defective, or maybe it's a software problem. At this point I am at a loss.

No I have avoided dragon center completely due to what I've read about it. I have never installed it on my pc at all. And as I mentioned earlier, it makes zero difference whether I have them plugged into a hub or directly into the motherboard (or into another Corsair device).