Corsair Community

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Vertical GPU mounting

uscool

Hi, looking to upgrade from the corsair 570x case and looking to vertically mount GPU on Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW but the corsair gpu mount puts the GPU to close to the glass and effects the temps a lot just wondering if anyone used any 3rd party vertical mounts that give better distance from the side glass and temperature differences ?

Thanks

Edited by uscool

if there's glass too close to the GPU fans, you can blow all you want against the glass, it won't do much good (except cool a bit the fins from the outside) but the GPU fans are just depleted of airflow.

It's a position basically reserved for watercooled GPUS, unless overheating and dropping clocks isn't a concern unfortunately.

3rd party mounts that put the GPU further back closer to the motherboard do work, but there's a few catches.

Most are done for cases with a completely opened PCIE area (no steel ribs between slots). The 5000D isn't. So if you want to use one of those you'll have to take the dremel out.

There are others for cases that aren't completely open, like one of the EK brackets. these shift the GPU towards the front of the case to be able to fit the monitor cables between the PCIE ribs. If you have a long GPU, you have to make sure it still fits with that additional shift.

Also, a GPU close to the mobo may warm up the lower M.2 slot a bit. in the 5000D with the side intake it shouldn't be an issue though.

Thanks probably will give it a miss I know the temps will increase vertically just wanted to know by how much using 3rd party mount and with and without side fans as intake

I've seen review on this case with gpu mounted vertically using corsair mount and the temps are not very good at all but as you said its really for watercooled GPUS

it's hard to say how much hotter it will be. depends on your ambient temp and what card you have. 3080/3090 will probably be fine GPU wise, they don't run that hot surprisingly enough, bu the GDDR6X needs every bit of cooling it can have. Would probably crash quite a lot.. Reference Radeons are already cooking with the default cooler.. AIBs may suffer but be on the edge of throttling.. any way you spin it it's pretty bad really.

Add to that PCIE4 that is very hit and miss with risers...

If you alread have the riser, you can give it a go and see. it may work. At worse, it will safely throttle or shutdown.

I just wanted general idea with 3 fan gpu's and really no difference in performance between pcie 3.0 and 4.0 for graphics cards you just change it to pcie 3.0 in the bios

I probably will leave it for now and look at it again some other time I always liked how the GPU looked vertically especially 3 fan cards