Corsair Community

High GPU temp custom watercooling

Sambro

Hello,

Can someone let me know what to expect when using the XG7 block for the STRIX 3090. I get 30 idle and when gaming temps jump to 60C. The card seems very slow to me especially when gaming. I barely get 60 FPS when playing in 4k What can i do to fix this i tried increasing the pump speed but same issue/ I have 2 rads a 280MM and a 360MM with 3LL120s and 2LL140s

thanks,

It would help to know more about your build. Maybe fill in your system specs in your profile.

Case model, fan models, radiator positions, if the fans are as intake/exhaust etc.

60°C under load is pretty bad, thats what i was getting air cooled on my 3090, so i wonder if it's just a very restrictive case that doesn't allow the radiators to breathe properly.

Also the coolant temperature when you see 60C on the GPU. Some of the 3090 cards have extra VBIOS options to let you engage high power profiles from 400-500W. At those levels you will see a large difference between coolant and GPU temp, but if the coolant is 25 and the GPU is 60, then there likely is an issue.

Problems with the loop flow will result in high coolant temps that will affect all components involved. If everything else is working well, the coolant rise is relatively small, and the GPU temp is still 60C+, then you are looking at voltage/contact type issues.

Gaming performance is not a good metric to use for the loop's functionality. Too many other things involved, most notably the games own programming. Some of the newer stuff with RT will not use a lot of power, but you will still see low frame rates.

Thanks for the responses. As you all suggested, turns out the gpu die wasn't making much contact with the waterblock. Had to repaste and retighten and now getting way better fps during gaming and temps dont go over 55C.

Very happy with this block!