Corsair Community

Commander Pro Powering Fans, but not Lights

Hi All,

So I have 9 fans in my case. 3 of the 9 fans are powered by this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Q86DSTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fans work great and rgb is easily controlled via iCue. These 3 fans are plugged into the device that comes w this. Commander Core I believe?

I have 6 more fans, white LL120s, all being powered by a commander pro. 6 into the pro to power the fans, and 6 rgb cables into the hub to power the rgb, with the rgb hub back to the commander pro for power.

However --- I am getting no lighting on the 6 LL120s.

Can anyone help?

Make sure you go to the Lighting Set-up tab for the Commander Pro and designate fan type and number (LL x 6). This will generate the 6 LL fans in the Light effects tab so you can apply lighting. The Commander Core is the only controller that auto-detects fans. All the others require manual set up.

Make sure you go to the Lighting Set-up tab for the Commander Pro and designate fan type and number (LL x 6). This will generate the 6 LL fans in the Light effects tab so you can apply lighting. The Commander Core is the only controller that auto-detects fans. All the others require manual set up.

I tried this, did not work.

What I did do is move 3 of the fans/rgb to the commander core, so now i have 6 fans lit up, and 3 still not illuminating, however they are spinning

You can try the other channel (RGB #2) on the Commander. After that, it becomes a question of whether the RGB hub is bad or the lead fan. A problem on fan #1 can knock out the rest of the series. Do you happen to have another RGB Lighting hub? If you bought two "triple packs" of the white LL, there should be a second on inside the other box.

You can try the other channel (RGB #2) on the Commander. After that, it becomes a question of whether the RGB hub is bad or the lead fan. A problem on fan #1 can knock out the rest of the series. Do you happen to have another RGB Lighting hub? If you bought two "triple packs" of the white LL, there should be a second on inside the other box.

So I switched to the second channel and still not working.

I am currently using the Hub that powers into the LED on the Pro, but I also have the hub that has SATA and USB, w the USB being connected to the commander.

Do you think that might be a difference?

I’ve watched countless videos and my configuration is identical to others so I’m not sure where I am going wrong, maybe it is in fact 3 bad fans?

All of the lighting hubs require a SATA power connector. That is the hub’s purpose - to provide power. The Commander is the controller.

You can use a RGB lighting hub to connect to the C-Pro’s RGB channels.

You can use a Lightning Node Core (hub and controller in one) to power fans. It connects to the system via usb 2 and will show as a separate device.

Both of these must have a SATA connection.

See the thread here for pictures and general help.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

All of the lighting hubs require a SATA power connector. That is the hub’s purpose - to provide power. The Commander is the controller.

You can use a RGB lighting hub to connect to the C-Pro’s RGB channels.

You can use a Lightning Node Core (hub and controller in one) to power fans. It connects to the system via usb 2 and will show as a separate device.

Both of these must have a SATA connection.

See the thread here for pictures and general help.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Yes - I am currently using the lighting hub to no avail.

I am going to try the lighting node core tomorrow, however I don't have much faith that it is going to work.

Could RBG be faulty on ALL 3 fans that are less than 1 year old?

Starting to get a little annoyed here. I spoke with a Corsair Rep on Monday. They ASSURED me that the reason my 3 fans were not illuminating was because I NEEDED a lighting node pro, so I bought one. $70 later and the fans STILL do not illuminate. I have tried switching the ports to see if it was a single fan issue, but it is not.

I have a hard time believing that (3) LL120 fans can have ZERO rgb with roughly 10 months of use.

Anyone have a similar issue/solution?

How is the node pro hooked up? It needs to be plugged into an internal USB port, either MB or Co Pro. Then the hub connected to one of the LED ports and the hub connected to SATA power. Or just connect the RGB Fan hub to the SATA power and one of the two CO Pro LED ports and set up the RGB from the CO Pro in iCue.