Corsair Community

High fan speed H80i v2

LOL. You might not need any fan speed at all with that kind of baseline temperature. It's also possible the controller isn't sure if 11C is correct, but regardless you should make a custom curve copy of the Quiet profile.

1) Performance tab and click the + in that tab. A graph will appear below.

2) In the top right corner of the graph are three shape tools. Click the one on the left. This is a copy of the Quiet profile, but now you can see the dots -- and move them.

3) Make sure "sensor temp" is set to H80i v2 Temp (coolant). Then click on the fan above. It should ring yellow to show that curve is now applied.

4) Verify if the fan speed matches the assigned value. If not, also check with fixed RPM or fixed PWM %. Possible there is a problem with the controller.

5) If all is well, you are now back where you are supposed to be, with the bonus of being able to further tweak the fan settings at specific temperatures. There is no magic formula like 28C should be 1800 rpm fan speed. Everyone has a different baseline temperature and that is also the lowest possible temp for the coolant. Remember that +1C to coolant is +1C to CPU temp, so you should have a lot of room to let the fans go slow.

The H80i v2 has a traditional 4+3 fan splitter for the two fans. Unplug both fans from the connector and re-connect. Sometimes this is enough. If it does not work, swap the two fans on the connectors. The 4 pin one is the control line. You only need one fan to be responsive and the other will follow.

Nothing helps, everything tried fans keep running at 1620 rpm. in bios fan is on quiet and the case fan runs at 920 rpm.

What are the speeds of these fans?

On youtube I see videos showing the rpm from 0 to more than 2000 rpm with me everything is in % and starts from 25 %

Don't mess with the BIOS settings. The CPU_FAN or whatever header is powering the H80i v2 needs to be at 100%/Full speed/disabled or however your MB indicated a constant 12v state. Cutting power to the entire unit that way is not good for the cooler and could lead to a loss of control. In your screenshots this appears to be the case since the pump is running the proper speed.

If the fan controller is really locked at 1600 rpm and you can't change it no matter what, the fan controller might have failed. Either way, it's time to contact Corsair Support to get started on the hardware aspect of this.

Setting it to disabled is preferable, but in this case it is set to "PWM" which is a constant 12v. So despite the fan curve, the H80i v2 is getting its power anyway. This is also why your pump speed is still correct for the Quiet setting. This is not the cause of your fan control issues.

I am concerned there is a problem with the internal fan controller itself. Contact Corsair Support. I do not know if you are still in the warranty period. You also can move the fans from the H80i v2 to the MB fan headers for control. This is likely going to make them a bit overactive, but it will also you to lower the speed at lower CPU temperatures. Those are PWM fans, so the fan controller should also be set to PWM.

1) You can still contact Corsair for technical help. Perhaps they have another idea.

2) On more recent AIOs, you usually can fix the stuck fan controller with a forced firmware update. However, I am more hesitant to recommend this on v2 coolers. There always is a small chance you can brick the cooler, although I suppose it wouldn't be too much different than the current state. You could wait to see what tech support has to say.

3) As suggested above, you can move the fans off the H80i v2 controller and to the MB. Fan speed would be controlled through the BIOS. They may be more reactive as the CPU jumps around, but it would allow you to set a low baseline level. You can operate this way indefinitely. CUE would still be used to change pump speed, LED color, and monitor coolant temp or general cooler efficiency.

First i will take contact for technical help.

Second i can do nothing, fans stay at 1600 rpm.

Last option, connect the fans to my motherboard, have 3 connections outside the CPU fan and I can also set those in the bios, motherboard is a gigabit Z170 pro gaming.