Corsair Community

5000 D Airflow soooo cool

killersjp

Just thought i would let people know how cool this case is. I had the Coolermaster CM690III with i9 9900k stock speeds with RTX3090 FE. The GPU ran at good temps but the heat from it was heating the top part of the case so my H100i Elite Capellix coolent tenp went to about 43c while playing intensive games. Got the 5000D Airflow and now coolant temp maxes out about 38 so about 5c cooler. does not sound much but big difference in fan noise.

I have 2 ML140 RGB Pro in the front as intake, 1 ML120 RGB Pro at rear as exhaust and the H100i Elite Capellix pushing air out through the rad at the top. Oh, I used Arctic MX4 on the pump as had to take the original paste off Edited by killersjp

• Corsair Employees
Really glad you are enjoying the case! I have done 5 builds in it myself with full custom cooling, and it is a major step up in airflow compared to previous cases I have used - partly thanks to the 3 fan mounts you can put in the side next to the motherboard tray.

Really glad you are enjoying the case! I have done 5 builds in it myself with full custom cooling, and it is a major step up in airflow compared to previous cases I have used - partly thanks to the 3 fan mounts you can put in the side next to the motherboard tray.

Mind in I ask how you have your fans set up? Or what set ups you have utilized?

• Corsair Employees
Mind in I ask how you have your fans set up? Or what set ups you have utilized?

Apologize for the late reply - I have my front fans set to intake, rear fan as intake and then all other fans as exhaust (I run custom cooling with dual 360mm radiators).

I have it set up like this so I can get fresh air into the case, and dump all the heat from the radiators out into the room instead of into the case.

Thanks,

I was just doing some research, looks like I can side mount the radiator I’m hoping to now have the front and side set to intake, with the rad on the side. Top and rear set to exhaust, just need to make sure that a side mounted rad won’t push to fans out to a point where they will interfere with the front mounted fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks,

I was just doing some research, looks like I can side mount the radiator I’m hoping to now have the front and side set to intake, with the rad on the side. Top and rear set to exhaust, just need to make sure that a side mounted rad won’t push to fans out to a point where they will interfere with the front mounted fans.

@Toxic_Toast I was thinking of doing this exact same setup, Rad on the side pipes down if they fit set to intake, front fans set to intake, rear and tops fans set to exhaust. How did this go for you temp wise or any problems? My other idea for setup is rad on top as exhaust same as the rear fan for exhaust, front fans to intake, BUT!! side fans to intake with the cover in place to redirect airflow over the MB. Your thoughts. Haven't started the build yet, as I am still waiting for my CPU to arrive.