Corsair Community

H115I elite Capellix AIO 360mm sounds like a jet engine help!

Hello All,

correction H150I elite Capelix liquid AIO is what i have.

I recently bought the 5000d airflow case because i felt the 680x i was using was too small for 3090 card. I have 13 fans connected atm airflow seems good but this AIO pump/fans makes some really loud noises even when idle. I posted a video of it when i start up warzone as you can hear its insanely loud. I went to the bios put cpu fan to quiet and also changed pump and aio fans to quiet as well and nothing. Any help or suggestions would be really be great even idle this thing is super loud...https://vimeo.com/509116804

Edited by jerseykid80

You can leave cpu fan alone. It does not affect this type of controller at all.

For fan control, go to the Performance tab and click +. This will open a new custom curve and a graph below. In the top right corner of the graph are three shape tools that correspond to the quiet/balanced/extreme presets. Click the low slope curve on the left. Change the sensor value at the bottom to H150 Elite Temp (coolant temperature). Then go back up top and click all 6 fans on the right to apply the new curve (for now).

This should be the same as the quiet preset, but now you can see exactly what speed it should be running at coolant temp X. You can create other curves in the same way. For example you could create a new curve with PWM 10% (or RPM 0) and then selectively apply it to different fans to try and pin down if one or more is noisy or the group as a whole.

I am not certain if you are stating the system is loud because the fans are too fast or if some aspect of it is not pleasing (tone, volume, etc). This should allow you narrow it down and speed reduction is easy. Just pull those new dots down a peg for a particular speed. There is no magic formula (30C=1300 rpm) and everyone will have different baseline coolant temps based on the room temp, case construction, and layout. Pull the dots down for your idle temp. Set them at comfortable levels for gaming. You don’t need 1800 rpm for that. Most people will start to feel 120mm fans are loud somewhere around 1300 rpm. That is a good place to stop and I try not to use more even with heavy watt components.

My h115i Elite Capellix fans can get really loud in gaming too, especially in balanced mode. I keep them in quiet mode which stops them sounding like jet engines, and has a minimal impact on temps (2-3C at most).

Between the fans and the pump, these AIO's are pretty ridiculous in the noise department. :/

You can leave cpu fan alone. It does not affect this type of controller at all.

For fan control, go to the Performance tab and click +. This will open a new custom curve and a graph below. In the top right corner of the graph are three shape tools that correspond to the quiet/balanced/extreme presets. Click the low slope curve on the left. Change the sensor value at the bottom to H150 Elite Temp (coolant temperature). Then go back up top and click all 6 fans on the right to apply the new curve (for now).

This should be the same as the quiet preset, but now you can see exactly what speed it should be running at coolant temp X. You can create other curves in the same way. For example you could create a new curve with PWM 10% (or RPM 0) and then selectively apply it to different fans to try and pin down if one or more is noisy or the group as a whole.

I am not certain if you are stating the system is loud because the fans are too fast or if some aspect of it is not pleasing (tone, volume, etc). This should allow you narrow it down and speed reduction is easy. Just pull those new dots down a peg for a particular speed. There is no magic formula (30C=1300 rpm) and everyone will have different baseline coolant temps based on the room temp, case construction, and layout. Pull the dots down for your idle temp. Set them at comfortable levels for gaming. You don’t need 1800 rpm for that. Most people will start to feel 120mm fans are loud somewhere around 1300 rpm. That is a good place to stop and I try not to use more even with heavy watt components.

Thanks for that but i did not notice much difference i feel the AIO Pump and fans are super load even when idle. I dont understand how Corsair sell a defective item like this there should be recall asap. You cant advertise the AIO as quiet and its super load. I had the 115 pro elite and it was quiet.

Are you sure the fans are noisy on idle, or is it just the pump?

I've seen posts from users complaining about z73 noise too, but you get so many contradictory comments on all these AIO's that it's really hard to get a clear picture.

I can tell you the phanteks glacier one mp360 pump when put on the lowest speed is whisper quiet. I have both here this and the capellix. I may end up keeping the capellix thou just because of all the other things included - fans/commander core icue etc ...