Hi there, here is my setup:

6x QL120

1x Commander Pro

1x RGB Hub

1x other-brand GPU block with RGB header

1x XD5 pump

1x XC7 cpu block

RGB plan:

• Control 6 fans with 1 RGB hub, which itself is plugged into RGB port 1 on the Commander Pro.
  • The pump and GPU block will be daisy chained to RGB port 2 on the Commander Pro. The CPU block will be by itself. (The GPU block I have does not have daisy chain feature)
  • Can I plug the CPU RGB header into the (ASUS Z490-A) motherboard directly? Will iCUE software be able to control it along with the rest of the lights, which would all be connected to the Commander Pro?
  • Or do I need another RGB hub #2, and connect it to RGB port 2 on the Commander Pro? Will RGB hub #2 be able to control the GPU block and pump (daisy chained) as well as the CPU block?

Fan plan:

I need to control 6 fans and a pump. How can I set them up using the Commander Pro?

Should I connect 2 fans together using a splitter, so that the 6 fans use 5 ports, and the pump uses the 6th port?

• Corsair Employees

Utilizing a third-party RGB GPU block with our hardware in order to connect and control its RGB is not supported and you will not be able to daisy chain it with our HydroX products. You will also not be able to utilize any of the RGB headers directly on the motherboard to connect our RGB products without use of third-party adapters which is not supported also.

Your connections should be as follows in order to make sure everything is connected and powered properly:

6xQL120 Fans plug into the RGB Fan LED Hub. The Hub then connects to LED 1 or 2 on Commander Pro

XD5 and XC7 will need to be daisy chained and connected to the remaining LED channel on the Commander Pro

Hub and Commander Pro are connected to SATA power from your PSU

Commander Pro is directly connected to an internal USB header on your motherboard

RGB for the third-party GPU block will have to be connected per the manufacturer's installations instructions, and assuming it is ARGB you will need to control it via the motherboard's software.

Utilizing a third-party RGB GPU block with our hardware in order to connect and control its RGB is not supported and you will not be able to daisy chain it with our HydroX products. You will also not be able to utilize any of the RGB headers directly on the motherboard to connect our RGB products without use of third-party adapters which is not supported also.

Your connections should be as follows in order to make sure everything is connected and powered properly:

6xQL120 Fans plug into the RGB Fan LED Hub. The Hub then connects to LED 1 or 2 on Commander Pro

XD5 and XC7 will need to be daisy chained and connected to the remaining LED channel on the Commander Pro

Hub and Commander Pro are connected to SATA power from your PSU

Commander Pro is directly connected to an internal USB header on your motherboard

RGB for the third-party GPU block will have to be connected per the manufacturer's installations instructions, and assuming it is ARGB you will need to control it via the motherboard's software.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The third-party GPU is using DRGB. Would I still be able to connect it to Commander Pro or LED hub?

There are third party adapters that let you control other DRGB devices from a Commander Pro. Corsair doesn't support them - at all - and they don't really like you using them. But they do work and lots of people use them. But it's something that you use at your own risk, so keep that in mind.

You can also make your own.

For fans, you just connect them to the fan header. Most fans will be just fine - just set them for 4-pin (PWM) or 3-pin (DC) as appropriate. Be careful with the pump - I wouldn't *power* the pump from the CoPro. If it's powered separately and just controlled (like the Corsair pumps), it should be fine. You'd need one splitter for 6 fans and a pump.