Corsair Community

4000X + H100i Elite Capellix 240mm on top + Dominator Platinum x 4

boffer

Hello all. I'm new here, hopefully I'm posing in the right place. I did a search but didn't find quite my exact scenario.

I'm gathering parts for my build but not 100% sure if everything will fit:

4000x case with an H100i Elite Cappelix 240mm AIO mounted on top, with 4 sticks of Dominator Platinum RGB ram. The mobo is an Asus X570-E

I don't have all the parts yet but this is what I'm thinking, my concern is the ram height conflicting with top mounting the AIO. Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you!

i have the same case, cooler and ram and have no issue but use the Z490-G mobo height is close but even managed to install with cooler fitted (swapped out the xpg ram i installed originally)

i did also swap out all the fans front top and rear to QL's

not the best pic but you get the idea

Untitled.thumb.jpg.9bb14eb35797b9f92f99a00dcad81e02.jpg

Hey thanks very much this is super helpful. Great pic the build looks amazing!

i have the same case, cooler and ram and have no issue but use the Z490-G mobo height is close but even managed to install with cooler fitted (swapped out the xpg ram i installed originally)

i did also swap out all the fans front top and rear to QL's

not the best pic but you get the idea

Hey thanks very much this is super helpful. Great pic the build looks amazing!

Thank you that was my first build made a few mistakes like the xpg ram at first

i want to install 2 led strips back and bottom but want it to work in icue but the commander core only allows 6 fans and they are all used up i did ask on here about using a Y splitter on one of the rgb ports just to run 1 fan and the 2 x strips but not one person commented and google was little help

the change to QL fans was a massive improvement as well

• Corsair Employees

Hey Baz,

If you want to add LED strips you will need another control unit such as the commander pro, or lighting node pro, since the RGB strips uses 3 pin connectors, and not 4 pin like the fans. The Lighting node pro comes with 4 LED strips, so you should be good with that one.

Please note that your motherboard will need two internal USB headers to connect both units. Alternatively you can use an internal USB splitter, or simply run a mini USB to USB cable to one of the external USB ports (the lighting node pro uses a detachable mini USB cable).

Hey Baz,

If you want to add LED strips you will need another control unit such as the commander pro, or lighting node pro, since the RGB strips uses 3 pin connectors, and not 4 pin like the fans. The Lighting node pro comes with 4 LED strips, so you should be good with that one.

Please note that your motherboard will need two internal USB headers to connect both units. Alternatively you can use an internal USB splitter, or simply run a mini USB to USB cable to one of the external USB ports (the lighting node pro uses a detachable mini USB cable).

Thank you for that, thats put me in a better place knowing how to do this nice little job for the weekend

• 7 months later...