Corsair Community

Corsair 750D

will0hlep

I'm looking at buying a Corsair 750D. Looking at the description it can take 2 140mm fans in the front and top and 2 120mm fans in the bottom. However, it doesn't say whether you can have the 3.5" and 5.25" drive bays installed as well as the 140mm fans on the top and front of the case as well as the 120mm fans in the bottom of the case. Edited by will0hlep

Hey there,

I'm currently running with a 750d (haven't moved over to the 5000d yet)

Now its been a while since I did my set up with this case but from what I can recall your front and top fans should be fine, but that drive bays will have to be uninstalled for your the bottom fans. (maybe someone can double check me on this)

My current set up is 2 140+rad installed in the front, 2 120 in the bottom, 2 140 in the top, and 1 140 in the back. Front and bottom are intake, top and back are exhaust.

I have a single 1TB SSD installed and a 500gb M.2 in the motherboard (not that it matters for this conversation I guess) the SSD drive mounts will not be in the way of your fan set-up at all.

Hope this helps

Edit: I really liked my 750d, I wish they had produced a tempered glass version of it. I think you will enjoy you time with this product. My only caution is the clips with the front of the case, be gentle with removing and replacing your front panel as the clips can be a little fragile.

Edited by Toxic_Toast

Having looked at tons of reviews of this case since posting this thread, I found that the 3.5" drive cages can be suspended from the bottom of the 5.25" drive cage. I believe (if anyone can confirm that would be great) this has no impact on the front fan positions, so 2 140mm fans can still be mounted in the front, and opens up the 2 120mm fan positions on the bottom of the case.

My only caution is the clips with the front of the case, be gentle with removing and replacing your front panel as the clips can be a little fragile.

I had noticed that 2 different reviewers (Including LTT) had had this issue with the cases they had received.

Another tip for the case, buy a magnetic filter for the bottom fans, that’s what I did. I can’t remember anymore what model it’s was from. It was a filter for one of the smaller models but it works great for your bottom fans and it won’t change the look of your case at all (I’d even forgotten that it was there till I cleaned the case this week)

As for the HD slots there are two trays so you have the option of removing both (that’s what I did, but I’m not using a standard HD) or removing one of the other as you need if you need the space.