Corsair Community

Quietest Option of Corsair One lineup

danvers

Hey all.

Odd post here, but I'm looking to purchase a computer as I'm going back to school to study 3d modeling and animation and need to explore PC options. With the current market I'm definitely interested in prebuilts, and one of the things I noticed the most mentioned is the quiet operation of the a100 series.

I have tinnitus and noise is the highest priority for me, and my budget is open up to a much higher amount if there is a prebuilt that provides a quiet experience.

For anyone who has experience listening to their a100 or i200, how has your experience been in the noise department?

I've watched videos (such as Hardware Canucks) which showed the incredible silence of the machine, but then also covered the coil whine they experienced too.

I know that every computer is different even with the same components, but would love any honest feedback.

Looking for the best option for silent operation and least amount of coil whine possible.

Thank you.

The entire lineup is incredible. I do have a i160 and I am amazed how quiet it is.

If you don't do gaming with intensive graphics / CPU operations you will almost never hear it.

It also depends where you are located. For me I'm in the living room where there is already a little bit of noise on a day to day basis. I can probably start to hear the fan when it's at 1300rpm or so.

All in all, I think this is one of the best options on the market if you are looking for a quiet and powerfull PC.

I have an i160 that I can't hear except when playing a GPU intensive game under full load. I don't have experience the other models, but I wouldn't expect the noise level to vary much among any of them. The thermal vs noise design of this system is unmatched.

• Corsair Employees
If there's a chance, it would be great if you could go see one in person. That's harder to do right now, but it really helps to see what one of these systems sounds like in person. You also get to see where the openings are on the case and see how sounds propagate from the unit.

• 4 weeks later...
I just ordered a Corsair One, so I can't actually comment on the noise or lack of, but I read this and it made me think of another system I was looking at - Google "quiet pc monolith i10" and you will see what I mean. It's passively cooled, so no fan noise at least, and configurable with an RTX 3060 Ti (on the UK site I was looking at).

I just ordered a Corsair One, so I can't actually comment on the noise or lack of, but I read this and it made me think of another system I was looking at - Google "quiet pc monolith i10" and you will see what I mean. It's passively cooled, so no fan noise at least, and configurable with an RTX 3060 Ti (on the UK site I was looking at).

That system looks interesting, but I would like to see some reliable reviews of its thermal performance and CPU/GPU throttling. I'm skeptical that a passive, no fan system can effectively cool an Intel Core i9-10900 10-core CPU and an RTX 3060 Ti GPU without excessive heat or significant throttling or both.

Has anyone seen any reviews of this system? I can't find any.

Indeed. I couldn't find any reviews of Quiet PC's build, but there are some reviews of the case (search for "MonsterLabo The First") which suggest CPUs up to 100W and GPUs up to 120W in fan-less configuration, or 140W and 160W with a single low RPM fan for active cooling. I guess with a lower watt CPU, the 200W RTX 3060 is just about doable.

Indeed. I couldn't find any reviews of Quiet PC's build, but there are some reviews of the case (search for "MonsterLabo The First") which suggest CPUs up to 100W and GPUs up to 120W in fan-less configuration, or 140W and 160W with a single low RPM fan for active cooling. I guess with a lower watt CPU, the 200W RTX 3060 is just about doable.

Also depends, I think, on what you are upgrading from. I have an i160, and the RTX 2080 Ti in it is still better that a 3060 and on par with a 3070 in terms of performance. If I were buying new today, either the 3060 or the 3070 would be great in terms of price as compared to a 2080 Ti. But as an upgrade from what I already have, it only makes sense to go with a 3080 or 3090. And I doubt the MonsterLabo case can handle either of those cards.