Corsair Community

Virtuoso Dongle not working properly

Every time I boot my PC up, I have to reconnect the USB dongle for the headset to connect wirelessly. Only after I reconnect the dongle each time after starting up my PC, does the LED light on the dongle actually light up. I tried various USB ports, and all of them require me to reconnect the dongle. Furthermore, whenever I try to update the firmware for the dongle, it says update failed, and the headset disappears from the Corsair ICUE program. I already received a new dongle, however that did not change anything either, the same problem with reconnecting it is still there.

Also, I tried connecting the dongle to a different PC and the LED light on it light up automatically after starting the PC up. I am wondering if there's anything I can change in my PC's settings to fix this problem?

• Corsair Employees
Make sure you are actually plugging it into a USB port on the physical motherboard and that you aren't plugging it into any sort of USB hub or passthrough. Even the ST100 USB passthrough should not be utilized for the wireless USB receiver for the Virtuoso headset as it cannot provide enough USB power to the USB receiver for it to work properly. Also go into your Advanced Power settings for the active power profile in Windows and turn off USB selective suspend.

• Corsair Employees
I reinstalled the ICUE but nothing happened - I am still unable to update them. How do I go about reinstalling the USB drivers?

Check your motherboard manufacturer's product page for your motherboard model - USB drivers should be available for download there.

If you have access to a computer with more recent hardware try testing the headset on that. The issue simply could be an aging USB controller considering the Z97 platform was released in 2014 and the controllers do degrade over time.

The dongle LED lights up on start up on the other PC I tested. Does that mean the motherboard would need replacing for a newer one?

• 2 months later...

same issue at boot time, on different USB controllers, and the dongle is the only USB device that is not "booting".

Obviously I checked the Win10 power mode when PC's off, that dongle is lightning up properly at boot time on another machine.

Looks like something special with z97 chipset?