Corsair Community

Icue gradient effect from ad

Amaretto

Hello. The ad for the iCUE 465X case shows that a gradient can be made. In the ad, a gradient is applied to each pixel. Why doesn't it work in icue? It just switches colors. I know I can do this manually by creating a new layer and selecting a few pixels at a time, but this is awkward. Is the function in the ad fake? Will there be such functionality in the future? Case advertisement 2019

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

In the ad the same gradient is applied to all the LEDs. I am not sure the lighting displayed really matches what is in the UI. First, the illusory "swirl" is not a function of gradient and effects that look like that (Spiral Rainbow) are multiple gradients applied to multiple LEDs. Second, you can see what happens when you run a gradient from Color 1 (start) to Color 2 (end). There will be a hard change at the end as it leaps back to color 1 without the transition. To make any gradient a smooth change, it needs to run from Color 1 (start) to Color 2 (middle) to Color 1 (end). This functions in the same way as color shift, but you have more precise control over timing and can include more than 2 colors. As you've deduced, applying sliding color scale versions to different sections of the fans is the only way to make multiple smooth gradients.

You can try looking at Alex Krastev's site and use some of his work as a template. This one is already assigned in sections and you could then simplify it with a color 1-2-1 scheme. However, one way or another someone has to do the work to create these things. There is no preset for the effect you are looking for.

https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/168/profile

• 1 month later...
In the ad the same gradient is applied to all the LEDs. I am not sure the lighting displayed really matches what is in the UI. First, the illusory "swirl" is not a function of gradient and effects that look like that (Spiral Rainbow) are multiple gradients applied to multiple LEDs. Second, you can see what happens when you run a gradient from Color 1 (start) to Color 2 (end). There will be a hard change at the end as it leaps back to color 1 without the transition. To make any gradient a smooth change, it needs to run from Color 1 (start) to Color 2 (middle) to Color 1 (end). This functions in the same way as color shift, but you have more precise control over timing and can include more than 2 colors. As you've deduced, applying sliding color scale versions to different sections of the fans is the only way to make multiple smooth gradients.

You can try looking at Alex Krastev's site and use some of his work as a template. This one is already assigned in sections and you could then simplify it with a color 1-2-1 scheme. However, one way or another someone has to do the work to create these things. There is no preset for the effect you are looking for.

https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/168/profile

I just "tested" using Alex´s profile above. Actually a quite nice effect to modify into different/fewer colors. When using only 2 colors and sticking to the original pattern the effect is actually like in the ad OP refers to.

Ps. Need to increase the timing to mimic the effect from the ad.

Edited by MADRGB