Corsair Community

Corsair H100i PRO XT fans stuck at max speed, icue cannot detect hardware

woot55

So everything was working fine for months, then all of a sudden during idle, the corsair h100i RBG PRO XT fans revved up to max speed and stay that way all the time, according to temp monitor software, the CPU is not overheating and coolant temp is normal, the icue software resisted all attemps to change fan speeds, after trying to update the firmware, the icue software cannot detect any hardware anymore.

reinstalling icue software does not help, doing a system restore does not help, so now im stuck my fans at max speed and software that cannot detect its hardware.

Windows 10, fully updated.

Corsair RBG PRO XT

Edited by woot55

The normal fix is to do a forced firmware update, but if the cooler is not detected, that may not be possible. Contact Corsair Support through the Ticket System.

In the meantime, take the fans off the XT controller and put them on the motherboard. The pump will run no matter what, but the fans are intolerable without control.

The normal fix is to do a forced firmware update, but if the cooler is not detected, that may not be possible. Contact Corsair Support through the Ticket System.

In the meantime, take the fans off the XT controller and put them on the motherboard. The pump will run no matter what, but the fans are intolerable without control.

thanks for the reply, i actualy fix the problem by chance, in a last attempt i uninstalled the icue program and downloaded this program called Link, during the installation, i was promted to accept the installation some kind of corsair firmware, after doing so and trying to launch the program, the computer gave me a blue screen and after restarting, the coolers RBG started working again, then after installing the icue software, the AIO was detected, then i forced a update of the firmware and the problem was gone, the Link program vanished from the computer even through it was installed.

overall i just want to say that il probly consider a tower cooler next time, as this icue software is very buggy and annoying, sometimes the RBG starts glitching and flickering, restarting the icue program usualy solves it, very annoying, maybe other AIO companies have better software.

Interesting workaround. Link the was prior control program before CUE. It must talk to the device in a different way and you got the firmware flash though it, resetting the fan controller. However, CUE will override Link when both are installed, except for a handful of legacy devices that are not supported in CUE 3.

Not sure on the flickering/glitching. If it resets by restarting the Corsair service, it could be conflicting with another RGB program. Unfortunately, the field is wide and this can be tough to isolate and pin down.

• 1 year later...

Have the same issue. It severel times ramp up to full speed, and does not respond to iCUE.

Every time I had to re-install the firmware.

Is there a place for older firmwares? Because to me, it seems the newest firmware is faulty.

(Or maybe in connection to the newest iCue?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 3:15 PM, Anonym_Bruker said:

Have the same issue. It severel times ramp up to full speed, and does not respond to iCUE.

Every time I had to re-install the firmware.

Is there a place for older firmwares? Because to me, it seems the newest firmware is faulty.

(Or maybe in connection to the newest iCue?)

To answer myself.
Use this guide: (In short: Boot in safe mode and use XmcBootloader to update new firmware )

It worked for me.