Corsair Community

512 MB SD Multi Media Card won't xfer files

Okay, I don't like to post questions unprepared, but here's the deal:

My boss walks up to me today and asks me to fix a problem with the card from his digital camera. He says that when he loads the card in the camera, he's told it's full... however when he tries to extract the 30 or so photos recently taken on a business trip, he's told it's empty. He says he tried flipping the yellow switch (circled in red on my supplied image) back and forth, and that doing so doesn't help.

We don't have a separate card reader that fits this card, so I haven't been able to test the card myself. Additionally, my boss has stepped out of the office, so I can't question him further right now. I believe he purchased the card at a local authorized dealership, but I'm not exactly sure of when and where.

His instructions to me were to obtain an address to mail the card to, and to write a letter asking Corsair to extract the data for us. I noticed your forum guidelines list that replacements are given for returned merchandise, but not whether the data contained on them is ever returned. I'm trying to follow proper protocol here, so please let me know what I should do.

Thank you.

512mb_sd_mmc.jpg.59f23342555c7b79c8a351fbfea8ecc7.jpg

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry as we do not offer that service. However, I have no problem replacing the unit for you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I am sorry as we do not offer that service. However, I have no problem replacing the unit for you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I appreciate that, and I will follow your guidelines for replacement. However, is this a problem you've run into before? Do you have any suggestions, or can you refer me to any resources for recovering the data? Replacing the card is not nearly as valuable to us as recovering the data. Any guesses on the likelihood that the camera's interface is messed up versus the card itself?

Archived