Corsair Community

Are AX1600i and AX1200i discontinued?

4EvrYng

I too have same question, i ordered mine frim alternate.de back in december and still havent gotten it and they just keep pushing back delivery date

Many websites list it as out of stock, some say its on order and few say its no longer avalibel

I contacted corsair and i am waiting for their support to answer my question

I will post update herr once i hear back from them

I have nothing official.. but I can say that a lot of the UK Stores are now stating the AX1200i is EOL (same for the AX1500i also by looks of it).. including Scan.co.uk who is one of their bigger if not biggest suppliers here. huge operation that also houses Corsairs UK Rma center (afaik)..

AX1600i is still going strong though, stock and covid may be a thing.....

Maybe they discontinued most AX models because of the HX series with similar power and quality?

Two too similar products would just cannibalize each other.

Or maybe they have something new on the way that will replace most of this series? :)

I have nothing official.. but I can say that a lot of the UK Stores are now stating the AX1200i is EOL (same for the AX1500i also by looks of it).. including Scan.co.uk who is one of their bigger if not biggest suppliers here. huge operation that also houses Corsairs UK Rma center (afaik)..

AX1600i is still going strong though, stock and covid may be a thing.....

B&H states ax1600 i is eol

Most websites in gernany say its on order so hopefully im able to get one

Maybe they discontinued most AX models because of the HX series with similar power and quality?

Two too similar products would just cannibalize each other.

Or maybe they have something new on the way that will replace most of this series? :)

I doubt HX would replace AX, ax offers many icue features that their other power supply units do not offer at all plus i think ax1600i is the only corsair psu that outputs 1600w and considering that im gonna be runnig two rtx 3090 in sli iverclocked on watercooling and cpu watercooled and overclocked too i really need 1600w psu

Corsair ax series really offer many controls and monitoring trough icue so i hope its not EOL

the AXi didn't seem to be as reliable as their price point would indicate, so hopefully they have a replacement on the tubes ready to come out soon.

But if they ever make a higher power HXi, AXi would be completely obsoleted. Nobody would want to buy a lesser quality PSU just for a few extra voltage readings on iCUE.

Nobody would want to buy a lesser quality PSU just for a few extra voltage readings on iCUE.

more than just a few readings.

AX1600i,, its the newest of the high end lines with 2018 release with Titanium efficiency rating, cant see that being dropped yet. hopefully newer lower wattage AXi's are to come (edit. with beefier 5v rails and limits)

HXi was 2015. with a Platinum rating.

The difference is a few pennies every year in savings. not enough to get back the price difference during the lifetime of the PSU really. (Gold to Platinum is already hard to justify)

There's more to quality than the rating, like, build quality and reliability, and AXi kind of fell short on that regard compared to HXi.

But i don't own an AXi :) there's different OEMs depending on the model. I don't know if the 1600 has the same as the discontinued models.

After 80+ rating they will have to introduce the Zotty rating... purely for 5V rail abuse resilience :p

The difference is a few pennies every year in savings. not enough to get back the price difference during the lifetime of the PSU really. (Gold to Platinum is already hard to justify)

There's more to quality than the rating, like, build quality and reliability, and AXi kind of fell short on that regard compared to HXi.

But i don't own an AXi :) there's different OEMs depending on the model. I don't know if the 1600 has the same as the discontinued models.

After 80+ rating they will have to introduce the Zotty rating... purely for 5V rail abuse resilience :p

haha.. man.. I have a discord server with people with cold PSU's with spinning fans. they join.. ask why they dont have silent mode on their PSU.. tell tell them to hit instant black lighting.. suddenly all is ok lol.. stay away from the white light Carol Anne haha....

its not just internal usage 'edge case' with a lot of fans either... so many usb devices to consider in 2021.. streamdeck/external drives/peripherals full of LEDs.. is it usb? all 5v and all adding up. powered by designs from when people had a mouse and keyboard and a web cam....

We sit in hope of an RGB specific PSU and i dont mean RGB fan or OLED panel in its side.. although. aint saying no lol.

first company that ups the 5v rail limits will win I feel

Hehee

Well for external, powered USB hubs are usually the way to go. Power hungry devices like audio interfaces often have their own power brick. But for the rest, powered hubs :)

But even without considering extreme in-case RGB, even a relatively "normal" build can pump serious juice when set to white which is a very common setting. My own build pulls 10W with RGB off, ~20 with my usual lighting, and up to 60W on white.. That can be enough to trigger the fan. So getting 40 - 50A rails at least would be pretty good...

...Except for you, because as soon as the power limit increases you'll add strips everywhere :)

I have decided on ax1600i because of its MANY monitoring features and many controls trough icue, i dont think i will change my mind on getting one unless they make new one with similar features

I am still waiting on reply from Corsair support to check if its discontinued or not

AX1600i is not discontinued its simply snapped up as new stock arrives. I have also seen the AX1500i on exhibit occasionally.

Even my PSU is still made as it also is a quality unit

Quality does not go out of style so fast

Edited by Vegan

• 1 month later...
AX1600i is not discontinued its simply snapped up as new stock arrives. I have also seen the AX1500i on exhibit occasionally.

Even my PSU is still made as it also is a quality unit

Quality does not go out of style so fast

Customer support is telling me the AX1600i is discontinued now? I hope not, that would be sad.

All I know is that digital miners are snapping up high rated power supplies galore to run their rgs

I have 1000W: should be enough for now. Only have one RTX 2080 installed. Got 3 PCIe cards installed for various peripherals.

I have the front of my box covered in USB front panel units

There's a long lead time with one of the ICs. It's a problem we're seeing industry wide.

Hopefully more wafers can be made to replenish supplies

My HX1000i is still respectable but the bigger cap models take overkill to the max

• 2 weeks later...

I have contacted them from different email this time just to see if they will give me same reply or different this time and again they say its not discontinued, so waiting for now is the only option.

Edit: forgot to mention, i also asked about the roll-up bag that is supposed to be included with PSU, they told me that it seems that those are no longer being included with Ax1600i unfortunatley :-(

Edited by lucky.peic