Corsair Community

H100i Capellix with different fans

danq

Apologies if this has been answered previously.

I'm replacing the cooler in my build with a new white Capellix aio. I think it looks unreal.

The issue I have is that whilst I intend to use the fans bundled in with the AIO, I have fans from a different brand that I'm also intending to use (in a push pull config).

I have 9 of these fans in total, they are the fans that click in together requiring just a single connection to power up. They also come with their own fan controller which is currently connected to my mobo.

I understand the capellix comes with the commander core which you have to use. Does anyone know whether I'll have any compatibility issues with the fans and whether everything will work as it should?

My understanding currently would be that the non corsair fans will plug into their own controller and the Corsair AIO will plug into the commander core.. everything should work fine... right?

Thanks in advance

You would have to tell us what it is for anyone to be sure. The key is likely whether or not the "fan controller" for the other brand has it's own SATA connector for power. If it does, then it's not drawing current from the Commander Pro and likely has a single PWM connector to adjust speed. That would be perfect and it can be controlled from a single PWM header without putting additional load on the Commander Core.

The RGB is something totally different and it will not connect to any Corsair controller in its native form.

You would have to tell us what it is for anyone to be sure. The key is likely whether or not the "fan controller" for the other brand has it's own SATA connector for power. If it does, then it's not drawing current from the Commander Pro and likely has a single PWM connector to adjust speed. That would be perfect and it can be controlled from a single PWM header without putting additional load on the Commander Core.

The RGB is something totally different and it will not connect to any Corsair controller in its native form.

Sorry I didn't know if I was allowed. It's the Lian Li UNIFans. and yeah it has a Sata power connector and a ARGB connector and a fan connector which plugs into the mobo

It appears the control box has a PWM connector that runs to a single control source. You would put that on one of the Commander Core PWM headers and all fans on the Lian Li module will run the same speed. This works in the same way as a PWM repeater.

The RGB will be different. Looks like they have their own control software. It will not direct connect to Corsair products. Someone else in here may have first hand experience with them and can offer guidance for integrating them.

Edited by c-attack

It appears the control box have a PWM connector that runs to a single control source. You would put that on one of the Commander Core PWM headers and all fans on the Lian Li module will run the same speed. This works in the same way as a PWM repeater.

The RGB will be different. Looks like they have their own control software. It will not direct connect to Corsair products. Someone else in here may have first hand experience with them and can offer guidance for integrating them.

Great that's really helpful! Thanks. So from what you're saying, all the fans including the bundled corsair ones will run at the same speed. Even if I don't choose to include the corsair fans as part of a push/pull - the lian li fans will still run as per the instructions from Corsair's control box & software.

And I can just adjust RGB as required through Lian Li's rgb software..

No, just the Uni fans on the Lian Li box will run the same speed (always). You will still have 5 more independent PWM headers on the Commander Core. Of course you can make the fans on the opposite side of the radiator run the same speed by assigning the same fan profile to both the Lian Li header and the other headers controlling the Corsair fans.

No, you can definitely control their speed. You are controlling the "lead fan" in the series. The box then passes that same PWM/tach signal to all the other fans. So if this is something like a O11 case where you have clear banks of 3 fans and would likely set up the Uni is sets of 3, it makes no difference at all. No reason to be running adjacent fans on the same panel at different speeds.

No, you can definitely control their speed. You are controlling the "lead fan" in the series. The box then passes that same PWM/tach signal to all the other fans. So if this is something like a O11 case where you have clear banks of 3 fans and would likely set up the Uni is sets of 3, it makes no difference at all. No reason to be running adjacent fans on the same panel at different speeds.

Okay great! The AIO should be with me next tuesday.. so I'll give it a go then.

Thanks for your help :D: