Corsair Community

Friend's Corsair headphones show up as "Conexant USB Audio" and do not work

I am not much of a customer of Corsair myself, with the only thing in my system that's made by Corsair being my power supply, but just today, a friend of mine started having an issue where his headphones registered as "Conexant USB Audio" to Windows, resulting in no sound from the headphones, and no sound we could hear from the mic. According to him, every time we spoke with him in Discord, his headphones made a really loud ringing sound, as he describes "like a dog whistle made for humans." He attempted a Windows update however upon booting back into Windows after the update, it took an insane amount of time to actually log him in and load his wallpaper, and it's not as if he has a potato system. He can easily play Rocket League on the highest settings, and GTA 5 at a stable 60 on high, and often times loads into games faster than my system can despite me having an SSD as well. When he attempted to load Rocket League, the game crashed and his display had what he described as "a ton of screen tearing." He had been looking for solutions and trying different solutions out for the past three to four hours and hasn't gotten anywhere, the only thing he hasn't tried is wiping Windows and reinstalling, which he doesn't know how to do. He also doesn't have an external mic he can use besides the headphones, so plugging them into the 3.5 mm jack will fix sound for him, but he wouldn't be able to use his mic at all.

corsairheadphoneissue.PNG.9c4748c1deeb4283328fb990bda42b67.PNG