Corsair Community

Difference between 2 RAMs

gbu

The first two at higher frequency and slower timings, the last one is lower frequency and faster timings. This really comes down to personal choice. I am not an AMD expert at all, but there is a certain range of frequencies that you can choose for a CPU but the higher you go the more risk you are taking that it won't work and you will have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work ( which you may want to avoid ). This is not down to the RAM rather it is down to your CPU and Motherboard.

If you are very uncertain about memory I would just look in the Ausus compatibility list and choose a memory from there. The bottom two memories you mentioned are recommended. Which one you choose is up to you. The bottom one has the lowest, safest frequency, the top one has the highest, slightly more risky frequency.

The first two at higher frequency and slower timings, the last one is lower frequency and faster timings. This really comes down to personal choice. I am not an AMD expert at all, but there is a certain range of frequencies that you can choose for a CPU but the higher you go the more risk you are taking that it won't work and you will have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work ( which you may want to avoid ). This is not down to the RAM rather it is down to your CPU and Motherboard.

If you are very uncertain about memory I would just look in the Ausus compatibility list and choose a memory from there. The bottom two memories you mentioned are recommended. Which one you choose is up to you. The bottom one has the lowest, safest frequency, the top one has the highest, slightly more risky frequency.

Thanks for you post that was pretty helpful.

Im not looking to tweak anything just plug n play the components.

Out of interest if your saying the lower frequency are better then should i look for something like 3000MHZ or even 2666MHz or is 3200MHZ low enough for performance?

Seen this one also:-

CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

What does the 'E' represent in CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 ?

I have the ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING AM4 Motherboard but none of thee are showing compatible, am i looking incorrectly?

Edited by gbu