Corsair Community

Corsair HX1200 Cold Boot Issue (Not Affected Lot #)

I have been having a persistent issue with my newly built system where after allowing my PC to shut down for several hours (generally overnight) I am unable to properly post the next day. Symptom appears to be a BIOS code 05 (X570 Aorus Master) followed by a BIOS reset. I have already tried replacing the board itself but the new board has the same issue. Once my system is up and running I can restart all day but once it cools down its back to square one.

I am starting to suspect the power supply due to the aforementioned problems with various lots and wondering if it's the same or similar issue.

Full specs:

AMD 5800X

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (Rev 1.2) - Currently running F32 BIOS

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 16GB (Model F4-3800C14D-16GTZN) - 4 stick set of same memory in QVL

Nvidia Geforce RTX 3090 Founders Edition

Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD + an older SATA platter drive

Corsair HX Series, HX1200, 1200 Watt, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified, Model Number: CP-9020140-NA (Lot 2036)

Edit: Apparently this issue affects lots 2030 THROUGH 2041... therefore my unit is in the affected lot codes.

Edited by Neovalen
Actually In The Affected Lot Code

I had this same issue in October with an HX1200 (SN: 2035****) and X570 Aorus Master. The BIOS reset on cold boot. It was before the recall and nobody was talking about this issue online, so I went to Gigabyte support first (they were not helpful) and then to Corsair who had me test the PSU in a different PC. So I put it in my old i7-7700K box and it caused a boot loop with clicking noise.

A week or so later I had the replacement in hand. SN: 1809**** and no problems.

I just learned about the recall from a techquickie video (over two months late, lol) and I had to check my lot code. I was dreading the thought of another PSU replacement but fortunately 1809 is well outside the range.

Am I right that the first four digits of the SN are the numbers we're supposed to look at?