Corsair Community

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming won't update Colour

H4X00R

Hello, my B550-F Gaming Mainboard from Asus does appear in iCue and I can adjust every Colour like it should, but the LED's on the Mainboard doesn't change the colour. It is a new build from Wednesday and since yet everything worked without any problems. Yesterday it worked, I shut down my pc, today I'm turning it back on, and it doesn't work. I reinstalled "ARMOURY CRATE" and iCue multiple times and restarted my pc between it, I also looked in the bios, but I can't find something and I don't think that there is the problem, because yesterday everything worked with the same bios settings.

Thanks for help.

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.

I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.

I am using Plug-in v. 1.2.1.0.

I can't think of anything else to try.

edit:

I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.

I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0

Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

Edited by Ghostrider419

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.

I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.

edit:

I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.

I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0

Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

Thanks Man I recently updated armoury crate for some reason and it broke the mobo and 3080FE rgb for me, and the 3080 would also be recognized as asus card(VGA 1 on icue) as well since they also started supporting it which led to a lot of conflict for me. Well at least this solved both of them for me

I am also having the same issue where the MB shows in iCUE but the lighting does not change at all. But the problem with mine is I cannot replace the .dll file like you guys have because I also have an ASUS GPU, if I replace the .dll file with the old one, the motherboard works fine but then my GPU will not show up because that version does not support GPUs. There is definitely something wrong with the plug-in version 1.2.1.0 just like Ghostrider419 has stated.

can comfirm that the latest update to Armory broke the sync with iCUE.

Installed the update and the sync was gone.

sadly replacing the dll did not help, even with disableing or stopping all the asus services one by one.

Here is hoping asus will fix there plugin soon

I have also lost my motherboard RGB TUF x570 Plus WIFI. iCue controls everything for me so this is kind of driving me crazy. I can see my motherboard and change the color; however, the color never updates. It only uses the default Aura rainbow inside Armoury Crate. If anyone found a fix to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I unfortunately did. I had a feeling it was a Asus, but I have tried both Asus and Corsair user forums. I do see I am not the only one. I was hoping there was a way to force the plugin to start fresh again or restart. Is there anything I can do? Edited by matchu5489

• Corsair Employees
You will need to reach out to Asus for assistance as we utilize a plugin supplied by them in order to detect and control the RGB of their motherboards. Their latest update seems to be incompatible with the current plugin that is utilized by our current iCUE 3.27.xx software.

You will need to reach out to Asus for assistance as we utilize a plugin supplied by them in order to detect and control the RGB of their motherboards. Their latest update seems to be incompatible with the current plugin that is utilized by our current iCUE 3.27.xx software.

Why do we the users need to reach out? Wouldn't it work better if asus and corsair talked? I mean we are users, we can't actually do anything. Seems like the asus forums don't even know what icue is. Please don't file this as "not my job"

• Corsair Employees
Any support regarding Asus software must always be taken up with them. We are not Asus, and we do not develop or support their software solutions. Instead of reaching out on their forums you should be contacting their actual technical support for assistance with their products.

edit:

I've done this but now when I lock my computer, iCUE crashes, forcing me to kill it in task manager and restart it. Also, it seems I need "ASUSCertService" running as well, or I get an error on startup.

Are you still using this dll and any tips to fix?

Edited by Berzerker

So after AURA breaking my corsair RAM control I came back to Armory Crate although I hate that fragmented piece of software. Although I see the mainboard settings in ICUE now nothing will be applied to the board (so LEDs do not change). Looks like ASUS updated something and the current Corsair ASUS plugin can't control anything anymore. Can somebody confirm this?

When I just want to control my mainboard LEDs in ICUE and nothing else what part of ASUS Armory Crate do I need to install? Armory Crate installs so much trash that I don't want. Can someone of Corsair give a minimal install plan for Armory Crate?

edit:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for providing the only actual solution I've been able to find across dozens of threads about this issue on various forums.

Not sure what function the ASUS/Corsair "reps" are supposed to serve in these communities because they sure as hell don't do anything useful. Bit of a joke that their own customers do a better job of helping each other than the businesses themselves.

Edited by SunsOfSagan

• Corsair Employees
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for providing the only actual solution I've been able to find across dozens of threads about this issue on various forums.

Not sure what function the ASUS/Corsair "reps" are supposed to serve in these communities because they sure as hell don't do anything useful. Bit of a joke that their own customers do a better job of helping each other than the businesses themselves.

The forums are not a Technical Support portal. If you require technical support from our support staff then you need to be creating a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

The forums are not a Technical Support portal. If you require technical support from our support staff then you need to be creating a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

The issue has been present for several days and reported widely by many users across various platforms. In the time it has taken both ASUS and Corsair to acknowledge the problem and promise precisely zero solutions, a random person on the Internet has come to the rescue.

"Rep" stands for "representative", right? Is Corsair happy to be represented as having slopey shoulders and an unwillingness to seek mutual solutions with their partner organisations on behalf of their customers?