Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200C2PT with A8N-SLI

datasage

I have been trying to track down a problem and I think I've quite run out of ideas. The problem is a blue screen error with the code STOP: 0x0...77 Status code is 0xC...185. It happens with some frequency. More than once per day.

My system ran stable for about 3 weeks after I first put it together. Then problems started appearing, As much as I can figure out, the chipset fan decided to misbehave eventually causing a chipset overheat.

The result was lockups and the above bluescreen. RMAing the board fixed the lockups, but the bluescreens still persist.

Full Specs

A8N-SLI using the latest Nvidia drivers 6.53

AMD64 3500+

TWINX1024-3200C2PT in slots 1 and 3.

Saphire X700 Pro

Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480W PSU

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

Maxtor 120 GB SATA drive

Seagate 250 GB SATA drive with NCQ

What I have tried:

1. RMA the motherboard. Fixed the lockups but not the blue screen.

2. Upgrade Bios from 1001 to 1004 then just today 1005

3. Scan both hard drives several times with no errors.

4. Changed the memory timings from auto to the recommended settings.

5. Reinstalled Windows at least once.

6. Ran memtest86 with one pass and getting no errors. Will try again tonight but leave it running the whole time I'm sleeping.

I'm out of ideas. Its a pain to have to keep RMAing stuff. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for your time,

Dan

Ran 25 passes with memtest86 last night on both sticks. No errors have occured. I have yet to test each stick speratly.

I have tried votages 2.7, 2.75 and 2.8 and all of them cause the error.

I hadnt, but I dont remember installing it before either when my system was working fine.

I downgraded the bios to the orginal. I want to see what happens. If the error comes back again, I will install the CPU driver.

Thanks for your help.

datasage,

You need atx 2.0 compliant psu. I'm using Thermaltake 680 purepower ATX 2.0 compliant psu and my A8N SLI running normal. Before that, I've used Thermaltake 480 watts pure power xaser edition /w active PFC & cause lots of error.

Athlon64 3000+

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe BIOS 1007

TwinX1024-3200XLPT (400 mhz-2-2-2-5-1T-2.7v)

2x WinFast PX6600GT Extreme TDH SLI mode

2x Seagate SATA hdd

2x ASUS optical drives

Thermaltake PurePower 680 watts active PFC

I know the error is not PSU related. It worked just fine with my old enermax (with 20 pin connector). Up until the the chipset fan died and overheated. I'm also not running two video cards so my power requirements are a little less than they are in your case. Nor is anything overclocked.

I know the error is not PSU related. It worked just fine with my old enermax (with 20 pin connector). Up until the the chipset fan died and overheated. I'm also not running two video cards so my power requirements are a little less than they are in your case. Nor is anything overclocked.

But this mb need ATX 2.0 compliant psu that has 2 or more of 12v rail.

Problem was the bios. After downgrading to the orginal bios, everything is now stable. NVraid was updated in the newer bois, I have a feeling that caused the problem.

But I'm all good now, finally.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Archived